Why become a member? ×

X2/Relay systems

Finbar

I bought an XDS95 a while back, and totally loved it. For no reason whatsoever, my receiver stopped working. No big loss I thought, I'll just buy a spare. Might even upgrade it to the rack version while I'm at it - the transmitter is the same. But now it's discontinued, and replaced with the Relay series. Which is FAR more expensive. Why's that? So I'm kind of annoyed, I can't afford to splash £300 just to have a working receiver. Nothing much I can do by posting a thread really, but I just think it's a bit devious of Line 6 to rebrand and then inflate the prices THAT much.

So I guess incidentally, does anyone have the XDR95 or XDS95 they're not using that they'd care to part with?

[quote name='Finbar' post='988419' date='Oct 14 2010, 08:50 PM']I bought an XDS95 a while back, and totally loved it. For no reason whatsoever, my receiver stopped working. No big loss I thought, I'll just buy a spare. Might even upgrade it to the rack version while I'm at it - the transmitter is the same. But now it's discontinued, and replaced with the Relay series. Which is FAR more expensive. Why's that? So I'm kind of annoyed, I can't afford to splash £300 just to have a working receiver. Nothing much I can do by posting a thread really, but I just think it's a bit devious of Line 6 to rebrand and then inflate the prices THAT much.

So I guess incidentally, does anyone have the XDR95 or XDS95 they're not using that they'd care to part with?[/quote]

Apparantly Brace audio do a wireless of similar spec to the relay for £140