Why become a member? ×

5 string bridges with 15mm string spacing

Delberthot

Most monorail designs will only go down to 16/16.5mm spacing.
I [i]think[/i] the Warwick style (2-piece) units will do the same.
I've got a Kahler (2400?) on my Vigier. It's a royal bugger to do the intonation, and as Ped will tell you, the action adjustment is adjusted in half-turn increments of the saddles. That was too coarse an adjustment for him, but I found it fine. Beyond that, they're excellent but pricey!
I really don't know how tight the Kahlers will go, but I'd guess at 15mm or even tighter, due to the shape of the rail pieces.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='992121' date='Oct 18 2010, 12:25 PM']Most monorail designs will only go down to 16/16.5mm spacing.
I [i]think[/i] the Warwick style (2-piece) units will do the same.
I've got a Kahler (2400?) on my Vigier. It's a royal bugger to do the intonation, and as Ped will tell you, the action adjustment is adjusted in half-turn increments of the saddles. That was too coarse an adjustment for him, but I found it fine. Beyond that, they're excellent but pricey!
I really don't know how tight the Kahlers will go, but I'd guess at 15mm or even tighter, due to the shape of the rail pieces.[/quote]

It was a Kahler I used the last time I did one of these so I know exactly how horrible they are to adjust and tighten up without them falling apart in your hands.

Aha, found one and not as expensive as I thought it would be

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-KAHLER-USA-Hybrid-7450-5-String-Bass-Bridge-CHROME-/300445230378?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item45f3ee652a"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-KAHLER-USA-Hybri...=item45f3ee652a[/url]

Just contacted the seller to double check that it will go down to 15mm but should as it looks to be the same model I used the last time

Edited by Delberthot