Why become a member? ×

Just dropped in ...

schafhalter

I just signed in to this forum and wanted to say "Hi" to you all ... please forgive me my poor Englisch, I'm not a native speaker, living in center of the alps.

I've been playing the bass for 24 years. I lay down the low end in a Blues/Jazz (mostly) trio, in the band of a local pop-singer and in a cover rock-band. Here, we slowly starts to build up a repertoire of own songs and plan to do release a CD sometime next year.

My mains basses are: a Stingray 5 H cherryburst, a Bongo 4 HH and an old Yamaha RBX350 that I modified with a C-Switch and a 3 way switch instead of the pan-control (love the P-tone I get out of it).

My amps are: a Gallien Krueger MB115 combo that I use mostly with the Blues/Jazz Band and for small gigs. In the other bands, I playthrough a Carvin BX500 along with custom 2x10 and 2x12 cabinets from FMC (german cab builder).

I do not consider myself as a professional player, but try to find a solution between performing my favourite hobby and increasing my monthly income :-)

Best,
Matthias