Why become a member? ×

Burgundy Mist Jazz Bass Mexico FSR

AndyTravis

This is back up as the person i'd provisionally sold it to has messed me around too much.

Fender Mexico, Classic 60's Reissue, Limited Edition Burgundy Mist.
Bought 2009 From Basschatter in Manchester.

A great Bass. Basically the same as the much praised Roadworn Jazz, Without the Relic Job.

I saw an original 64 on Ebay, and started chasing these around. Having sold them in a shop in 2003 i felt a bit of a dunce for not buying one when i had the chance.

Still, found one on here, slightly modded and turned into my '64'.

I removed the Badass it came with, using an original BBOT Fender Japan bridge i had spare.
I changed the control knobs with real Fender ones, they were chrome.
I added the 'middle' pickguard screw.

I've added the Ashtrays, and thumbrest, and it's great.

The mod's i've left alone are the Hipshot D-Tuner, as it's great fun, and the controls are set VOL/Pickup Pan*/Tone. *Pickup pan is set reverse, so towards neck is for bridge pickup, towards bridge is neck pickup. Sounds odd at first, but really makes sense once you use it.
[b]I'll chuck in 2 CTS volume Pots i'd planned to re-wire it with...If you want to change it that is.[/b]

Original 'E' tuner will be included, will arrive in a Merchant City Music Gigbag i got it in.

There are a few small indents on the back of the bass, and an under the laquer stain near the 'G' tuner, this must be buffing compound, not noticeable but worth a mention.

The colour changes from champagne shades to nice dark burgundy. Or, just call it 'Pink' and have done with it.

I paid £500, But will now accept £475.

There are also some Nordstrand NJ4SE Pickups i'll let go for £100 plus postage. I'd planned on Keeping this and adding these.

And there should be a USA 62 Reissue Jazz Shell Pickguard arriving at my work tomorrow...£25 plus postage.

Bass + Pickups for £550
Bass + Pickups + Pickguard £570
Plus the two posh Vol pots for nowt, seems fair enough.

NOW GOING AHEAD WITH THE NORDSTRAND PLAN, TOO GOOD A BASS TO LET GO...

Edited by AndyTravis