Why become a member? ×

TRADED: labella black plastic flats - used

Hello
I remember one of the original threads on the bitsa jazz from bassbod and then luke (who I bought it off) said they would be interested in the plastic flats it was fitted with. According to the original thread, these are labella ones which should make them set 760N - .060, .070, .094, .115. They don't appear to have had much use, I've played the bass twice (about 2 and a half hours in total) since I got it on the 8th December and whilst they do sound nice, i find that they are quite low tension (probably because they're a bit heavier than normal - i use a 40/45 most of the time) and I would prefer something a bit tighter.

I would like to trade them for another set of something a bit tighter if anybody has a set to swap out and wants to try these - prefer to try another set of flats and preferably nickel - part worn is fine (no remoulds please!). These are still on the bass and I'd prefer not to have it without a set of strings on for any length of time. I have no idea what these cost as I can't find them in the UK - about €50 is the online price for one place I've seen or about $40 for all you lucky transatlantic brothers!

PM me if you want anymore info.
Ta
John

Edited by john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='113400' date='Jan 4 2008, 10:21 AM']Hello
I remember one of the original threads on the bitsa jazz from bassbod and then luke (who I bought it off) said they would be interested in the plastic flats it was fitted with. According to the original thread, these are labella ones which should make them set 760N - .060, .070, .094, .115. They don't appear to have had much use, I've played the bass twice (about 2 and a half hours in total) since I got it on the 8th December and whilst they do sound nice, i find that they are quite low tension (probably because they're a bit heavier than normal - i use a 40/45 most of the time) and I would prefer something a bit tighter.

I would like to trade them for another set of something a bit tighter if anybody has a set to swap out and wants to try these - prefer to try another set of flats and preferably nickel - part worn is fine (no remoulds please!). These are still on the bass and I'd prefer not to have it without a set of strings on for any length of time. I have no idea what these cost as I can't find them in the UK - about €50 is the online price for one place I've seen or about $40 for all you lucky transatlantic brothers!

PM me if you want anymore info.
Ta
John[/quote]

Hi mate
How about an almost new set of TI flats in exchange? If not, I also have a set of D'Addario flats I could take off one of my basses?
Chris