Why become a member? ×

Hagstrom HB8 Trans Red- NOW SOLD

willyf87

Right this has been on and off for a while, had ideas for it that never really worked out. Absolutely nothing wrong with it what so ever, spent most of its life in a hard case been rehearsed with a few times. No [b]major[/b] dings or scratches, no [b]light[/b] dings or noticeable scratches I can see.

Has a nice action to it and sounds very nice, the 6 way selector is very handy for getting a great tone without having to change the settings on your amp. Unfortunately I keep picking up my various 4 strings and this is taking up space and its a waste for it to be sitting around.

This will now be shipped without a hard case or gig bag but will be boxed securely!! [u][b]SOLD[/b][/u]

If you have some bits you want to trade let me know what you have, I might be interested.

Edited by willyf87

I wouldn't say this one is overpowering the extra string does make it louder but not to ridiculous levels. It is handy to have the selector knob because it allows me too keep the settings I usually use on my amp and change the sound directly through the bass.

Hi - what sort of strings do you usually use on this? The ferrules on the back look smaller for four of the strings, so does it need guitar strings for the high four?

Also, was wondering what the intonation's like up the neck with the short scale?

Cheers,

B.

The only ones I've seen are the rotosound long scale 8 strings. The intonation is pretty good, I haven't really fiddled to much with the set up, wouldn't be to difficult to adjust if needed, I don't think you can get the intonation absolutely spot on because the two strings are on the same saddle.

If you've ever heard a 12 string guitar it's the same principle. If you like pearl jam jeff ament uses a 12 string bass on why go and Jeremy, sound very similar to an 8 string. Failing that you could probably find videos on you tube.

Edited by willyf87

1) I'd rather not sell with the hard case because it's gonna be a pain to find a box, but if I really had to it would be about another £25 all in.

2) I use a korg pitch black and from what I remember it was about two lights red either way, but bare in mind I haven't fiddled with the intonation of the bass at all so I reckon it could go better than that. I'd have to double check that at some point.

Thanks.

I would have thought that by the time you'd wrapped and padded the bass for posting it would need the same sized box to send it in as it would in its case?

If you could get me the exact tuning measurements in cents that would be great. If in its current state neither string in each pair is in tune at the 12th fret then if you could give me the pitch deviation of each string as well as whether it's plus or minus that would help me to decide if the bass is going to in-tune enough for my needs.

Yeah I know a guy at a guitar shop, he only ever seems to keep the guitar shaped boxes rather than the big rectangular ones.

I may have a fiddle with the bass tonight and maybe able to give you something precise. I might even try to intonate it and see what happens.