Why become a member? ×

Status Energy, sale/swap for some ampage

jezzaboy

Status Energy bought on here from Absolutepepper, 1996, ash body, 2x hyperactive pickups, maple neck with dual graphite rods, jazz size neck, pre-shape active electronics - volume-pickup balance-active treble cut/boost, fitted with Rotosound flatwounds, nice low action.

There are 2 marks on the bottom of the bass, some slight wear on the body above the neck pickup caused by someone`s thumb and a couple of dinks on the top edge of the headstock which are not visable form the front. Frets and the rest of the bass is in good condition. I will put the 3 original strapbuttons back on before sale.

I`m looking for £320 or might swap for some ampage of the same value. Would prefer collection or would meet somewhere handy for both parties. Not wanting to post. Any questions, ask away.

[attachment=62033:DSC01724.JPG]
[attachment=62034:DSC01721.JPG]
[attachment=62035:DSC01719.JPG]

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='leschirons' post='998354' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:54 PM']Aren't the ones with the rounded edges like yours the Energy Artiste version?

Could be wrong, but I had an Energy and it had sharp bevelled edges.

Nice bass for not a lot of money. Shouldn't be on here for long.[/quote]

Cheers Buddy. The only advert I could find says that the Artiste version have a multi laminated body whereas mine is a 2 piece body as far as I can see.

Jez

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='998515' date='Oct 23 2010, 10:29 PM']And on the 7th day God rested and said to Jez....... :) :lol: :)

Sorry buddy, but couldnt resist.

So what kinda gear are you looking for matey????[/quote]

Aye, I asked for that Steven! Don`t quite know what I`m looking for to tell the truth. I`m trying to keep to a 3 bass rule and have just got a rather tasty G&L so somethings gotta go. And as the two Fenedr/Squire`s are "hybirds" in e bay speak, the Status has to go.

Jez

The original Energy basses had sharp bevelled edges, the later versions (from about 93 onwards IIRC) adopted the rounded body style. The Energy Artist versions had figured tops - walnut or maple were the options I believe.

Hope this helps - Status basses are universally fantastic, even the maple necked ones.

[quote name='leschirons' post='998354' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:54 PM']Aren't the ones with the rounded edges like yours the Energy Artiste version?

Could be wrong, but I had an Energy and it had sharp bevelled edges.

Nice bass for not a lot of money. Shouldn't be on here for long.[/quote]