Why become a member? ×

Epi EB0 neck plate strap pin

martthebass

Imagine my surprise when I found the strap pin (which locates through an extended neck bolt) on my EB0 is more useless than a useless thing. None of my straps work with it - the 'cut' is so thin it won't grip anything. At the minute it's bodged with the universal Groltsch top to stop the bass falling to the ground. I've tried to replace it with a standard Fender pin but the damn bolt is too thick. Anyone had the same problem/any suggestions.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1005149' date='Oct 29 2010, 01:30 PM']Imagine my surprise when I found the strap pin (which locates through an extended neck bolt) on my EB0 is more useless than a useless thing. None of my straps work with it - the 'cut' is so thin it won't grip anything. At the minute it's bodged with the universal Groltsch top to stop the bass falling to the ground. I've tried to replace it with a standard Fender pin but the damn bolt is too thick. Anyone had the same problem/any suggestions.[/quote]

I only used my EB-0 with a strap a couple of times and it was fine. I know that's no help at all. I always use a couple of felt washers on my basses and they do the trick. But of course probably no better than what you are doing.

So to sum up. I am no help.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1005149' date='Oct 29 2010, 01:30 PM']Anyone had the same problem/any suggestions.[/quote]

Yeah I have, can't remember what on though. But what I did was use a thinner screw on the Fender stud, but natcherly that makes it a bit loose in the screw hole on the geetar, so I glued three cocktail sticks into the hole & then screwed it all back together. Rock solid!