Why become a member? ×

1978 "Fresher" Jazz bass

orangepeelneil

[size=3]SOLD SOLD SOLD [/size][b][/b]
Hi Everyone.

[u]For sale[/u]
1978 (ish) Fresher Made in Japan Jazz bass, A nice bit of Jap (not so) Crap history
Decided to reluctantly sell this bass, as I'm just not using it, and I favour lighter P-basses these days. I bought this bass about 3-4 years ago with dead pickups, noisy pots, a worn nut and no pick guard.

I've done a bit of research on Fresher instruments, which is favourable and the decal design on this one is similar to a 1978 bass I found , so I'm suggesting its that’s period (but can be corrected!).I've never seen another Fresher on BC or U.K eBay, only a couple on US eBay and also the Japanese guitar sites.

[url="http://www.wutzdog-guitars.de/inventory/inventory-details/article/1978-fresher-straighter-1/"]http://www.wutzdog-guitars.de/inventory/in...r-straighter-1/[/url]

[u]Condition[/u]

- The bass is solid (Ash/ sen Ash?) and all works well, it’s a real good player.

- It's pretty good condition for a 30+ yr old instrument, has proper mojo.

-The bass is well used- but there is plenty of fret life left , in a places the lacquer has worn to the block markers.

- Its a 30+ year old bass, so does have dings and knocks, but nothing really major. There is a small crack on the headstock E machine head, plus one on the neck pocket, these seem very stable and from some time ago.

-It is a heavy instrument, being solid ash-I can weight ayt some point.

[u]Parts/repairs[/u]

-Someone had already fitted some Gotoh tuners (these seem to be the same footprint of the original tuners- I removed one to check) and a solid Bad**s style bridge which does a good job.

-Tom Waghorn (Waghorn guitars) in Bristol installed me a new brass nut checked the set up/intonation which is real good ( will supply receipt).

-I replaced the dead pickups with some potted jazz pickups (supplied by Terry aka ‘Loud and Clear’ from Basschat) which do a good job. I also screened the cavities and put in new Japanese pots, even the original jack sockets says Japan!

-The scratch plate is an old thing I had lying around. It only lines up with screw holes in a few places and has rough pickup cutout (I recommend a new scratchplate) -though it’s never bothered me. I’ll supply some new screws, I never got round to sourcing a new one. There are also two screws/holes where a bridge cover was.

- It's got some recent 40, 60, 80,100 Ernie ball slinky which have lost some zing but work fine.

- Supplied with original hard case, which is tidy and complete.

Email any queries, cheers Neil

£180 + Postage (£15-£20 I guess)
or collection from Bristol

Edited by orangepeelneil