Why become a member? ×

Does anyone do try before you buy?

Delberthot

I am thinking about getting another Hartke LH500. I had one at the start of the year but traded with my 8x10".

I tried one at a practice the other week through a Peavey 4x10" and really liked the sound with the Thunderbird.

I would like to have the chance to do a gig with one before I think about selling my Gallien head to make sure it is what I want and I don;t have the money to buy the Hartke and still have the Gallien.

I wouldn't expect anyone to loan me their amp but I am unsure exactly what to do.

Hate to be a downer, but I recently sold my 700RB-II (about 6 months old, had been racked since I bought it so great condition), I was looking for £350 for it and had no cash interest at all. Ended up selling that and two 210RBH cabs for £850 on the bay with only one bid. A crime to see it go so cheap, but if you're looking for £400 for it, you might have problems.

haha, I know the feeling. I've had my new amp less than a month and I'm already thinking about another one. :)

There's no such thing as overkill! I sold my 700RB after getting a 2001RB. More power means you have more headroom. Though I'd stick with GK if I were you, but I do have to say that. :)

The shop I sometimes teach at has an Ashdown 410T in and I've been trying to persuade them to get in an LH500 to pair it up with (they're mainly guitar gear and haven't had in a bass head to go with the cab). They're in the process of moving at the moment to a bigger place, once they're set up there, they'll probably get one in so it'll be the same set-up you're looking at (assuming you'll be using the 410T in your sig).