Why become a member? ×

Richard Bona with Joe Z..

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1011489' date='Nov 3 2010, 11:13 PM']Love it or hate it this is mind boggling...super tight groove too...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNjZDX0-uc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNjZDX0-uc[/url][/quote]

Right about Bona, love it or hate it!!.... but check Linley Marthe

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1011506' date='Nov 3 2010, 11:39 PM']I did spot something on TB about a Fodera winging its way to you Barrie?[/quote]

Ah, that one is something a bit different, lol.

However there is a 6 month old Yin Yang, that's been played for less than an hour, with my name on it somewhere in California :)

I thought about buying the Bona one as a replacement for my '86 Monarch but I prefer the Zebrano wood top on mine and I I've also really got into PJ pickup configuration since owning the '86 and Bona's has lateral humbucking J's.

I was within $50 of the final sale price and the other bidder had obviously hit his max bid so I was literally about £35 away from owning it but I simply decided that, at least for today, enough was enough. . .

Edited by molan

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1011514' date='Nov 3 2010, 11:50 PM']right to the wire....GAS control at its best...the beast can be tamed...erm...for now maybe B?[/quote]

My finger was hovering over the key for the last $50 with about 25 seconds to go and I was tantalisingly close to hitting the "finalise" bid button!

The flamed eucalyptus Monarch arrived today though (which is destined for BassGear in Harrogate soon) and the final payment on the Yin Yang also cleared today so that really was enough Fodera love for one day :)