Why become a member? ×

SOLD Subdecay Proteus SOLD

tayste_2000

Again another pedal I've bought and not really used. It's a great filter and one of the only ones I've come across capable of doing that FX25 subby floor rumbling sound. The tap tempo sample and hold is also really cool and can get quite pronounced.

Again you can see it here on the far left of the board

It's basically brand new, never gigged, never left the house, just got a bit of velcro on the bottom and still got the box and instructions.

Here is a better pic and description

Behold, The Proteus! The secret is out!

Building on the success of The Prometheus, The Proteus embraces a very different philosophy. In short the Proteus is what many people wished the Prometheus had been- Simpler and much easier to use on the fly. The envelope filter mode is much more "funk" than "shoegaze." The step filtering is pure random sample hold. No ultra-fine tuning required. Just tap in a beat and The Proteus does all the thinking for you.

Where The Prometheus is a mad science project run amok, the Proteus is exactly the opposite. Controls are simple, obvious, and do exactly what you expect every time.

The low-pass filter does not cut out frequencies below the cutoff point, so the low end always stays intact. It can be bright at some settings, but never shrill.

Controls-

Bypass switch: Turns the effect off or on.

Tap/Mode switch: Tapping the switch in time starts the sample/hold filter. Holding the switch down for one second switches back to envelope filter mode.

Frequency: Filter resting point

Depth: Filter modulation range for both envelope and sample hold mode.

1-2-4: Step multiplier. One, two or four steps per beat (sample hold mode only)

The Proteus is powered externally only with a standard 9V negative center 2.1mm barrel adapter. A 12 volt power supply can be used for increased headroom.

This pedal is the result of our multi-product R&D operation, Project Quasar. The design philosophy behind the Proteus was to create an "Anti-Prometheus." Now you are probably saying to yourself 'Well they are both filters.' In fact the filter circuit in the Proteus is exactly the same. The design philosophy was all about user control. The difference is options vs. ease of use. Even synth nerds can spend hours tweaking knobs and never cover everything The Prometheus can do. The Proteus is straight-to-the-point filter that anyone can figure out in 60 seconds.

NOTE: The Proteus will not run off a battery.

Externally powered only. Power supply is not included.

The Proteus is hand made in Newberg Oregon.

Die cast metal enclosures for durability.

3PDT switches for true bypass switching.

Product Notes: