Why become a member? ×

I need a Fishman Piezo bridge/preamp set up

Owen

I have one in a bass and REALLY like it. I want to put one in another bass but they only sell them to manufacturers. Does anyone know where I might get hold of one?

I have also posted in items wanted, but I think I might have to buy through a builder.

Edited by owen

[quote name='owen' post='1017947' date='Nov 9 2010, 06:45 PM']I have one in a bass and REALLY like it. I want to put one in another bass but they only sell them to manufacturers. Does anyone know where I might get hold of one?

I have also posted in items wanted, but I think I might have to buy through a builder.[/quote]

I've seen a pile of Fishman kit somewhere on my travels - which model number is it you are trying to find?

[quote name='icastle' post='1018754' date='Nov 10 2010, 01:40 PM']Can't find anything like that I'm afraid :)
I presume it's on an acoustic or DB?[/quote]

:)

No it is in a Bass Guitar with a piezo bridge. It is an internal pre-amp.

Edited by owen

It's a bass made by a company called Bolin. They are a high end US custom maker who bought out a line of production models and then stopped. Fishman have told me that this kit is only available to OEM manufacturers so I am guessing that my search is futile. It is the only piezo system I have tried that has worked for me. I'm sure that there is other stuff out there, but without direct experience of it I would be reticent to drop the £ on them.

[quote name='icastle' post='1019624' date='Nov 11 2010, 03:52 AM']Can't find any trace of a product from that description - what bass is the one you have in?

Ian[/quote]

[quote name='owen' post='1019666' date='Nov 11 2010, 08:01 AM']It's a bass made by a company called Bolin. They are a high end US custom maker who bought out a line of production models and then stopped. Fishman have told me that this kit is only available to OEM manufacturers so I am guessing that my search is futile. It is the only piezo system I have tried that has worked for me. I'm sure that there is other stuff out there, but without direct experience of it I would be reticent to drop the £ on them.[/quote]

Ok.
Clutching at straws here but the only realistic thing I can think of now is have you considered dropping Bolin a mail (they look like very laid back guys!) to see if they have any systems left over?
As it was a standard production model there are usually a few odds and sods left over in dark corners...

[quote name='icastle' post='1020171' date='Nov 11 2010, 02:51 PM']Ok.
Clutching at straws here but the only realistic thing I can think of now is have you considered dropping Bolin a mail (they look like very laid back guys!) to see if they have any systems left over?
As it was a standard production model there are usually a few odds and sods left over in dark corners...[/quote]

I have tried, but to no avail. However, another email cannot hurt :)

[quote name='owen' post='1020278' date='Nov 11 2010, 03:42 PM']I have tried, but to no avail. However, another email cannot hurt :)[/quote]

Is there perhaps a friendly luthier on this site that could act as an intermediary on a "don't come running to me if you can't get it to work" basis?

Of course, you "could" always become "Owen Bass Research" and order one for a new prototype you are working on... but that'd be sneaky and we'd never condone that.... would we? :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1020290' date='Nov 11 2010, 03:50 PM']Is there perhaps a friendly luthier on this site that could act as an intermediary on a "don't come running to me if you can't get it to work" basis?

Of course, you "could" always become "Owen Bass Research" and order one for a new prototype you are working on... but that'd be sneaky and we'd never condone that.... would we? :)[/quote]

I like the way you are thinking!

[quote name='owen' post='1020575' date='Nov 11 2010, 07:25 PM']I like the way you are thinking![/quote]

Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it.
In the past I've even managed to persuade a police force to provide me with a body bag so that I could put dead dog into it that was buried in someone elses back garden - you just have to be nice, smile lots and get people on your side... :)

Edited by icastle