Why become a member? ×

Which way do you play......Summer of 69?

Marvin

I found two transcripts -

one is just root notes, and [b]just[/b] root notes

the other is a bit more interesting, which I think is the actual line.

Which one do most of you play. I don't like being different....well sometimes I do :)

Edited by Marvin

I have a pdf file of the tab which I downloaded from bryanadams.org a couple of years ago and to my ears it is the same as the record. I've just had a search and i can no longer find it. If you would like a copy then pm me.

If you don't have a keyboard player - Drop tune you bass to D - then in the choruses play the keyboard melody as well as the bass part. Looks cool, as well as filling in that all too familiar part of the song!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1022092' date='Nov 13 2010, 01:51 AM']I would rather kill myself. I used to try to offer humourous modes of death in response to questions like this but I no longer find any joy in it.

I would just kill myself.[/quote]

Take note people...

...Everything He Does, He Does It For You...

Erm - I'll just leave without collecting my coat yes? :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1022092' date='Nov 13 2010, 01:51 AM']I would rather kill myself. I used to try to offer humourous modes of death in response to questions like this but I no longer find any joy in it.

I would just kill myself.[/quote]
:) :)

I play it in the cheesy pop/rock covers band I'm in. We have a keyboard player, so I just do the root notes and throw in an occasional octave - nothing too fancy, but I'm "singing" backing vocals too. I use a 5-string and use the low D. It's actually my favourite song we do, but that's mostly because the singer has a real problem with singing "me and my baby in a 69" in the outro bit.