Why become a member? ×

Marshall bass amps

EGIL

Hello from Norway.
First of all; my English is a little bit rusty so please don't get hung up by minor grammatical errors in my writing :) . But anyhow, I've got several questions regarding my Marshall bass amp (a DBS 7400 top and a 7412 cab). So, is there anybody out there who want tho share some info/experiences about this amp, please write back.
Egil

Hello Edward.
And thanks a lot for responding so quickly. Well, I'd sure like to read some reviews about this amp. So far, I've not been able to track down any reviews at all. I think the DBS -amps was produced in a short period during the 90's, so I really don't know where to start looking for reviews this old. I also have a couple of questions regarding different setting for different kinds of music. One example; what's the optimal settings when I want a more percussive sound? I'm recently starting to get the hang of playing slap bass, but I sometimes "get lost" in my efforts trying to achieve the right sound. So, if you or anybody else out there could give me some hints I'll be very grateful.
R and R
EGIL

Hi Egil and welcome

Couple of things:

* Your English is sufficiently good that you could be an English teacher. In England.

* DBS's are acclaimed by a small but loyal band of users as a secret bargain and the last decent Marshall bass amp. I have happy memories of a DBS stack, now long gone.

* Re: Your slap tone query - why not post in the Amps sub-forum on the lines of 'Slap Tone out of a Marshall DBS?'. Don't be put off if anyone posts "Why would you want to?" We're a bit quirky like that round here :)

Enjoy the forum!

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1022667' date='Nov 13 2010, 06:35 PM']Hi Egil and welcome

Couple of things:

* Your English is sufficiently good that you could be an English teacher. In England.

* DBS's are acclaimed by a small but loyal band of users as a secret bargain and the last decent Marshall bass amp. I have happy memories of a DBS stack, now long gone.

* Re: Your slap tone query - why not post in the Amps sub-forum on the lines of 'Slap Tone out of a Marshall DBS?'. Don't be put off if anyone posts "Why would you want to?" We're a bit quirky like that round here :)

Enjoy the forum![/quote]

Hello Skankdelvar
An English teacher? In England? Thanks. I'll try to post my topics in a sub-forum as soon as I learn my way around in the Basschat forum. And if You want to share some more information regarding this amp - please don't hesitate. By the way, what kind of music were You playing during Your Marshall-period?
Egil

[quote name='EGIL' post='1027377' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:10 PM']And if You want to share some more information regarding this amp - please don't hesitate. By the way, what kind of music were You playing during Your Marshall-period?[/quote]
TBH, it was ages ago, and I wasn't that much of a gearhead in those days. Unlike now. So not much to add, really.

The music? Er - bog standard rock covers, nothing too radical. :)