Why become a member? ×

Deadlight Designs says hello from the SE of London....

Deadlight Guitars

Hi, I'm a Luthier from Wallington in Surrey, I've been customising and building guitars and basses for approximately 10 years or so and am still learning every day, I am passionate about guitars and have some cool projects on the go that I'd like to share with real players who really care! I'm not looking for praise or critism but if anything am after constructive and honest opinions , some of my projects push the boundarys on what is classed as acceptable/beautiful or even ugly! so an honest view from real bass players who really have a passion for the bass guitar would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to forums so If I ever cross the line or get it wrong then please feel free to just let me know, I'm only human and I've heard through clients of mine that some forums have very strict rules to follow, so I thank you in advance.

Thanks for reading this and feel free to drop a message to me I love to talk about guitars and the missus is bored sensless with me waffleing on about guitars and wood..ha ha.

Regards Rob.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to Basschat. There is an affliates forum for bass builders etc. I'd suggest contacting a moderator in regards to using that to advertise and sell your wares an services.

Do you have a website, or online gallery... Or even a few pictures of your work that we can sneak a peak at?

Shep

[quote name='Deadlight Guitars' post='1023031' date='Nov 14 2010, 12:16 AM']Hi, I'm a Luthier from Wallington in Surrey, I've been customising and building guitars and basses for approximately 10 years or so and am still learning every day, I am passionate about guitars and have some cool projects on the go that I'd like to share with real players who really care! I'm not looking for praise or critism but if anything am after constructive and honest opinions , some of my projects push the boundarys on what is classed as acceptable/beautiful or even ugly! so an honest view from real bass players who really have a passion for the bass guitar would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to forums so If I ever cross the line or get it wrong then please feel free to just let me know, I'm only human and I've heard through clients of mine that some forums have very strict rules to follow, so I thank you in advance.

Thanks for reading this and feel free to drop a message to me I love to talk about guitars and the missus is bored sensless with me waffleing on about guitars and wood..ha ha.

Regards Rob.[/quote]
Dude, I've been watching the Ricky 4005 from a CMI 4001 faker build you've been doing for a BC member. Your work looks ace and I'll contact you for a body next time I do a self build.

Best of luck mate.

[quote name='Deadlight Guitars' post='1023031' date='Nov 14 2010, 12:16 AM']Hi, I'm a Luthier from Wallington in Surrey, I've been customising and building guitars and basses for approximately 10 years or so and am still learning every day, I am passionate about guitars and have some cool projects on the go that I'd like to share with real players who really care! I'm not looking for praise or critism but if anything am after constructive and honest opinions , some of my projects push the boundarys on what is classed as acceptable/beautiful or even ugly! so an honest view from real bass players who really have a passion for the bass guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Rob.[/quote]

Hey Rob, weird coincidence here, a friend of mine just recommended you via a friend of his (sam from tilt at windmills i think?). Might be in touch soon with a respray request :)

I met Rob a couple of years ago when he popped round to my parents' house to pick up a guitar body he had bought off me on Ebay, what with my folks living so near to Wallington and all. If my memory serves me well, he arrived on a bicycle. My plane had been delayed and I had been worried that I would not be there to make our arranged rendezvous but it all went swimmingly.

Anyway...Hi Rob! Like the honourable silddx above, I too appreciate your work. Welcome to Basschat.