Why become a member? ×

GK MB210 Combos

Marvin

I may have posted asking about these before.
[url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_mbCombos.html"]GK website, MB combos[/url]

Has anyone got any experience of them? They seem a very good price for what you get, under £500 at most places. However, some of the reviews I've read there have been concerns about reliability - mainly speakers, uhum, farting.

Didn't know if anyone could shed some light on these.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had my GK MB210 a long time now and it still sounds great, no problems and I have just decided to treat it to an MBE115 extension cabinet, the MB210 already has fantastic sound so should be awesome with a 115 as well .
I have bought some proper accoustic egg crate type foam to line the cabinet of the MB210 as the lack of lining has been said to cause some boomyness, I will report my findings when I have done this very minor mod, but so far I will give the MB210 10/10 :)

My new GK MBE115 8ohm cab arrived yesterday, it makes a huge difference, I wish I had got one before and not wasted all those months waiting for the MBE210 to become available (which it still isnt !), it cost £240 and took 4 days to get here from Thomann in Germany, very good service and excellent communications .
I now have a great looking and sounding rig which I can carry from car to stage in two hands without killing my back !!