Why become a member? ×

Great Marvin Gaye vid..

bubinga5

got alot of time on my hands and trawling YT, just spotted this amazing live vid of Marvin Gaye.... I adore his music and think he is the essence of soul and groove.... oh the man was super cool.....

That Aria sounds great too...

hope you enjoy...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyw9QJwfY0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyw9QJwfY0[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

Glad you enjoyed it guys, took me a lot of persuading the American part of the company I was working for at the time that this was worth releasing on DVD and CD!! It did come out, as has a lot of great Montreux material since (including a great Weather Report show) on Eagle Rock (can plug them now I don't work for them anymore)!

Own trumpet blowing over :)

[quote name='Mykesbass' post='1027244' date='Nov 17 2010, 07:50 PM']Glad you enjoyed it guys, took me a lot of persuading the American part of the company I was working for at the time that this was worth releasing on DVD and CD!! It did come out, as has a lot of great Montreux material since (including a great Weather Report show) on Eagle Rock (can plug them now I don't work for them anymore)!

Own trumpet blowing over :)[/quote]no please explain the trumpet? did you have a hand in getting this dvd out?

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1027287' date='Nov 17 2010, 08:36 PM']no please explain the trumpet? did you have a hand in getting this dvd out?[/quote]

Yes - worked for Eagle Rock for a number of years, worked on some great stuff (and some not so great stuff has to be said), this was one that only a couple of us really thought was great - there had been some pretty poor MG stuff released - not much better than bootlegs, so there was some hard persuading to be done but we got there in the end! My worst experience was having to turn down the last Ray Charles album as it was ruined by cheesey synth horns and his "people" didn't have the guts to tell him we wanted to put real brass on. Funny, when it eventually came out the Times review slated it for that very reason!