Why become a member? ×

Epiphone T-Bird Pro IV

Paul S

Decided to move this one on - I bought it from Liam (bassix) in July this year after a bout of uncontrollable T-Bird GAS but, when push comes to shove, it isn't really me. Still, I didn't know that at the time. :)

Not sure if I need to take any more pics as Liam did a pretty comprehensive job on it here (hope you don't mind me recycling this, old chap) :
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=76465&st=0"]Previous Basschat thread[/url]

Lovely looking guitar - the transparent black finish really is a deep rich colour with a hint of grain showing through - not like the wishy-washy colour seen in the stock pics on the [url="http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1412"]Epiphone website[/url] - where you will find all the spec etc. But, basically, it is a skinny (set) neck, with active electronics and looks about as rock n roll as a bass can. From what I have read it is not much like a Gibson T-Bird, very much it's own thing.

I haven't done anything to it since owning it - gigged it once, rehearsed with it maybe half a dozen times. The neck is divine - skinny and fast. A decent variety of sounds available too - I guess I feel a bit too self-conscious and posy with it strapped on, maybe someone 30years younger and 10" slimmer around the middle would do it justice.

It comes with a good quality fitted Epiphone hard case - itself worth a few bob.

I paid £250 for it, would like £230 back. Collected from SE Essex, I can bring it along to the SE Bass Bash if anyone is interested, postage would be fairly dear as, with the case, it is pretty heavy - if I said £22 for Parcelforce 48 that wouldn't be far off the mark.

I would consider some trades - no instruments but here is a list of stuff I would consider with cash my way:

- Zoom H2, H4 or Q3
- John East P-Retro
- a hot P-type pickup or two.
- Hipshot GB7 in chrome
- Hipshot BT10 in chrome (assuming that is the one for a Jaguar bass)

Ta.

Edited by Paul S

Some pics I took today:

As has been discussed on here previously 'They' say the Epiphone fitted case isn't big enough. 'They' are wrong :) Still got the key, too.

[attachment=65189:t_bird1.jpg] [attachment=65190:t_bird2.jpg]

[attachment=65191:t_bird3.jpg] [attachment=65192:t_bird4.jpg][attachment=65193:t_bird5.jpg] [attachment=65194:t_bird6.jpg]
[attachment=65195:t_bird7.jpg] [attachment=65196:t_bird8.jpg]

Here is where the previous owner moved the front strap button to alleviate the neck dive thing. Just a neat hole left from it's old position. Currently fitted with Schaller-type strap lock button - originals will be put in the case.
[attachment=65197:t_bird9.jpg]

There's one on eBay at the moment that has about an hour to go as I type, soft case and already up to £255. Last one with a fitted case went for £270-odd. This is a bargain, guys!!