Why become a member? ×

Mellow Improvised Solo - Free MP3

urb

[quote name='purpleblob' post='1030750' date='Nov 20 2010, 07:26 PM']Whoops, accidentally deleted my reply to this.

Anyway, I thought (as always) fantastic playing and I loved the vibe.[/quote]

Thanks man - just thought I'd share this little Saturday afternoon jam - recorded sitting on the sofa via my Macbook into Logic

Cheers for checking it out

There's a Soundcloud stream here as well

[url="http://soundcloud.com/munkio/soul-out"]http://soundcloud.com/munkio/soul-out[/url]

Mike

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1031388' date='Nov 21 2010, 01:47 PM']I just get a mental image of a rain splattered window, with gloomy clouds outside, and you chilling out on a sofa and sticking up a very relaxed two fingers to the weather as you lay down a few tracks. :)
I have to say that hearing that has cheered me up. :lol:[/quote]

Nice one man - it's funny I just took a bass lesson last week and this solo is the result of just getting a few new ideas going in my playing - lots more work to do but I'm pleased with the melodic ideas and some of the phrasing that came out here - glad it put you in a good mood. Also it's a good idea to record yourself practicing as a). you never know when you might actually play something really good and :). it's great to listen back to yourself and hear what's working and what isn't - helps you focus etc.

Thanks for listening

M

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1031388' date='Nov 21 2010, 01:47 PM']I just get a mental image of a rain splattered window, with gloomy clouds outside, and you chilling out on a sofa and sticking up a very relaxed two fingers to the weather as you lay down a few tracks. :)
I have to say that hearing that has cheered me up. :)[/quote]
It's weird, mike's music gives me a lot of feelings and images. I rarely like this sort of music but I like what Mike does, bought his album and straightaway felt like walking down the street in the sun with my headphones on, pretending I was in Brooklyn on a sweltering summer day, I really gave me a very strong vibe. I've never been to Brooklyn.