Why become a member? ×

Shuker Satinline

Born 2B Mild

For what seems most of this year, Jon Shuker and I have been working on a production model bass that Bass Gear will exclusively market in 2011. It will be the first bass that Jon has agreed to make as a non-custom for a third party to sell.

Early on, we christened it the [b]Shuker Satinline[/b] and is J shaped but has interesting specs to differentiate it from other J basses. Most notably, it will be a luthier-made bass for the street price of a US Fender!!!

We have been experimenting with different woods, pick-ups and all sorts. Many bodies have been made and finished, only to be rejected. It's the budget requirement and unique specs that have given him the challenge.
I spoke to Jon today and he thinks he's finally got a prototype that can be allowed out of his wood shed.

I am visiting Jon on Friday (26th Nov) and will pick up this prototype Satinline and will bring it along to the South East Bass Bash on the 27th.

What I really am hoping for is that folk will try it out at the bash and give us some user feedback. Armed with such info, we can then make any adjustments deemed worthy and proceed to producing the first batch of Satinlines for selling.

Sorry, no pics to post until I've got it in my mits...but once I'm back from Surrey I'll get some up.

Thanks,

Phil