Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline Hollowbody - Fretless, Candy Apple Red - SOLD

BigBeatNut

Fretless Lakland (Skyline) Hollowbody, in Candy Apple Red.

This is a gorgeous bass in sound and looks (always gets compliments in both departments). I'd really like to keep it but I've got another bass incoming and even without that, this doesn't get the attention it deserves. It's not seeing much use, partly because it's 4 string, partly because I'm not playing any music that calls for it.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is a fully hollow bass, no centre-block. Other non-obvious items are that it's passive (controls are VVTT) with pickup switch and a switch that changes the bartolini pickups from single-coil to humbucker. It's a factory fretless, not a conversion.

Currently strung with Status black tapewounds which give it what I'd characterise as a 'stringy' tone ... to my ears this makes the bass capable of being a reasonable substitute for some kinds of upright sounds (in a band context, not heard alone) if you use your right hand right. I've also used it with TI jazz flats but I wasn't so keen on that sound, though you're welcome to that old set. I've also found that light flatwounds yield a nice growl, thanks to the peculiar mismatched set that came with the bass. My next string experiment was going to be Labella flats ... best I don't do that or I'll probably decide I want to keep it.

There is the Lakland hardcase to go with it. This is fully functional, but has seen some wear and tear. The metal pressings that connect handle to case are slightly bent, but don't look like they're going to give way any time soon, and there are some abrasions to the outside of the case at one end which have exposed the underlying wood.

There's a nice softcase that fits fine (actually a RockBag made for a Thunderbird) which you could have for another £20. However this is also being offered in [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=112056"]another listing[/url] so it's first come, first served.

Going for £680. In the usual basschat tradition, this is what I paid for it on basschat. That also means I'm not really thinking about taking offers. Hardcase included, but not postage. I would REALLY prefer to arrange a mutually agreed pickup point rather than put this in the post.

Cheers, Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut