Why become a member? ×

Once again!

charic

Well it has happened again, after an extremely bad (on all sides) practice on monday the band have decided it's just not working with me as a bassist.

Gutted? Yep!

On the plus side, the music wasn't as heavy as I would have liked so this gets me the opportunity to go looking for something 'a bit more my style'. :)
On the down side, they had their own practice space and would have been gigging early next year :)

Oh well,

[b]NEXT!!![/b]

Edited by charic

[quote name='charic' post='1034980' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:35 PM']Well it has happened again, after an extremely bad (on all sides) practice on monday the band have decided it's just not working with me as a bassist.

Gutted? Yep!

On the plus side, the music wasn't as heavy as I would have liked so this gets me the opportunity to go looking for something 'a bit more my style'. :)
On the down side, they had their own practice space and would have been gigging early next year :)

Oh well,

[b]NEXT!!![/b][/quote]

Gutted. Welcome to my world (well half getting there, but not satisfied).

Just found out my old band are touring four times next year....severely annoyed with myself for trying to move and further my career only to be met with crap landlords, crap bands (although the lads I'm with at the moment are great we just need to get going, the bands before have been crap though!) and a job I dont like.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Johnston' post='1035120' date='Nov 24 2010, 02:24 PM']Was it yourself that got an email about an Ad up for the seat you were currently filling a month or so back???[/quote]

Indeed it was, turns out the drummer is a premature-advertiser! :)

I just left my band - sort of - just decided I can't be bothered waiting for the guitarist to turn up any more. It feels great, to be honest. Only drawback is that I have bought a lot of kit that I really can't be using at home, and it looks at me with sad drivers

On the other hand, can there be a bass player without band? I mean, BE the band - a band that doesn't have a bass is no band or is it? So forget about that, and just form another one... finally we're the base of the music, and it's always good to build a building from bottom to top am I right?