Why become a member? ×

Eden Nemesis Problem!

TomKent

Basically, I don't think the speaker's blown, I think there's potentially stuff lose inside. Also, any idea if it is the speaker, how much it'd cost to be repaired by someone reputable?

Here's a room recording of a few different bits to demonstrate how it does it on.. everything..

[url="http://files.me.com/tomkentmusic/cofytj.mp3"]files.me.com/tomkentmusic/cofytj.mp3[/url]

TK

edit: bass being played on recording is the one on my avatar, with heavily dead strings.

Edited by TomKent

Is this just a speaker cabinet or a full combo? Try with the grille off as MythSte suggests. If no joy, tighten (carefully) all the bolts and screws for the amp (if a combo) and speakers, and if that doesn't sort it, fully unplug, wait ten minutes for any caps to discharge if a combo and take a peek inside for anything that's worked loose - and only if it's out of warranty.

Sounds like someone's put a snare in there somewhere :) Hmmmm - there is a definite resonance when you hit the 'F'.

[quote name='TomKent' post='1040091' date='Nov 28 2010, 04:48 PM']Grill off, no sound.. but I really need to have the grill on else.. something is GOING to get damaged. Hellllp? :)[/quote]

Replace the grille, but do the screws up really tightly. If the screws that holds the grille on have got so that they can't be tightened very well, put part of a length of matchstick into the screw hole and then tighten again. That gives the screw something to bite on when tightening. It may take a couple of pieces of matchstick before the screw can be properly tightened.

Edit: PS which combo is it? - sounds good (ignoring the rattle).

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

[quote name='TomKent' post='1040109' date='Nov 28 2010, 05:02 PM']It's the Nemesis NC-250, really loud and quite light considering the size. Cost me about £250 earlier this year off here! :) I'll try your matchstick idea as they won't tighten very well.. just my luck haha![/quote]
I've got an NC 115 the 240 watt 1x15 that should be up for sale, but needs the transformer tightening up as it now buzzes as soon as you switch on. Matchsticks won't help there though. :)

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1040131' date='Nov 28 2010, 05:18 PM']I've got an NC 115 the 240 watt 1x15 that should be up for sale, but needs the transformer tightening up as it now buzzes as soon as you switch on. Matchsticks won't help there though. :)[/quote]

Seems like as good as the electrics are on these amps, the build quality is shocking at times.

Your fix worked by the way! :)

[quote name='TomKent' post='1040150' date='Nov 28 2010, 05:31 PM']Your fix worked by the way! :)[/quote]

It's the low weight composite board they used for the construction. It will stand a reasonable amount of screw tightening, but things can gradually work loose, and when you try to tighten again, the board tends to give a bit more and starts to lose the bite on the screw.