Why become a member? ×

What was your first post on Basschat?

steve-soar

[quote]Just stopping by to say hello, I'm Justin from Dublin in Ireland. I've been playing almost 20 years now, currently playing bass in a blues band and g****r in a Metal band, have dabbled on drums too, though bass is what I started on and will always be my main instrument.

I think I used to be on an earlier version of this forum a couple of years ago.

Anyway, hi to you all![/quote]

I've since moved house :)

Hardly the most welcoming of introductions (but a Gold Star for smart pics), this was me...

Oh & nobody replied! :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='491057' date='May 18 2009, 12:58 AM']I had an old 75 RI from 1999 that was stunning. It was a reluctant sale a couple of years ago

[/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='41264' date='Aug 4 2007, 01:05 PM']The Johnson basses, the P and J copies at lest, are pretty reasonable, solid wood bodies too, I got one to use as a base for various mods, it was ok to start with, became pretty good with all hardware replaced.[/quote]

Looking at my early posts, I had a look to see if the chap who came by once to chat bass as he'd just started still posts, and he totally posted loads of bass trades, this place got him real good.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Stingray5' post='221073' date='Jun 18 2008, 03:50 AM']Hi all,

I joined a short while ago and realized, during a spot of midnight surfing, that I still hadn't said hello.

Suffice to say I've been playing bass now for more years than I care to remember (...and guitar even longer!). Played most styles too at one time or another. But bass has always been my primary instrument (guitar players being two-a-penny!! :) ) and mine have taken me just about half way round the world and a lot closer to home too, of course (home being in the London area). Ready for the other half now!

I have around a dozen instruments and my basses are 4, 5, 6-string and fretless (most listed below).

Currently, I'm working with two main bands plus another couple of occasional bands plus any dep/studio work that comes my way. Aside from that, it's the usual private teaching from home thing which I've also been doing for a bunch of years.

Cheers for now,

Steve.[/quote]
Aw shucks - all sweet and innocent! Little did I know what I'd signed up to... :)

Mine:

"Hi, new forumite here. I have a Polytone MiniBrute 1 bass combo (with 12 inch speaker; metal grill) which I bought 10 years ago from the old Bass Centre in Wapping for £450 for use with a double bass. In the end I didn't get on with the double bass and the amp has been sat in my study for about 8 years unused (and never gigged). It is essentially as new without a scratch. Anyone any idea what its worth (Bass Gallery has had a s/h one for sale for £450 for quite a time now so its obviously less than that)? Any interest in it? I am based in central London.

Cheers Clarky"

Funny, as having re-discovered DB this amp would probably have saved me a load of money had I just hung on to it!

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='1037375' date='Nov 26 2010, 08:49 AM']How might one find one's first post? :) :)[/quote]
Click on your profile Mrs T, then choose the drop-down option just below picture for 'Find members posts' then scroll to end :lol:

In fact here is your first post Mrs T (there were a bunch of emoticons with the text that don't seem to want to copy/paste):

"Hello

You sure this isn't just a dummy site to get rid of me from Basstalk?"

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1037384' date='Nov 26 2010, 08:53 AM']Click on your profile Mrs T, then choose the drop-down option just below picture for 'Find members posts' then scroll to end :)

In fact here is your first post Mrs T (there were a bunch of emoticons with the text that don't seem to want to copy/paste):

"Hello

You sure this isn't just a dummy site to get rid of me from Basstalk?"[/quote]

Thanks Clarky, haha, sounds about right! :lol:

The emoticons were a line of bouncing tiggers :)

May 18th 2007, in a Poll on "What Do You Play?" ...

"[i]Other = Hofner, currently 9 of them, all from the 60's (bar my 500/1 1963 re-issue).[/i]"

Despite GAS and other temptations, I still have five of those nine Hofners. I sold four of them to Justin Meldal-Johnson courtesy of an introduction from Tayste 2000.

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='217513' date='Jun 12 2008, 10:55 AM']Hi there.

I am looking to buy a Trace Elliot head so i won't have use for my old one.

It's a Peavey Mark 3 i know they are not the most expensive of heads but i was wondering how much i should sell for?

The pic isn't mine but a photo i found of one mine is in very good condition[/quote]

[quote name='farmer61' post='257255' date='Aug 7 2008, 01:47 PM']Just a short note to introduce myself to this site.

I'm a midish 40 something bassist and p/t vocalist in a covers band (Uncle Jack) based out of the South of England. My enthusiasm and organisational skills far out weigh any musical talent that I may have. I suscribe to the theory that all mistakes and playing limitations can be overcome by volume and "front".

Anyway my bass of choice is a MM Stingray with a Ricky 4003 and Fender P Bass as backups. My amp is a 500w Trace Elliot head put through Trace 4 x 10 and 1x 15 cabs, far too big for most venues (see point above), must be compensating for something or another.

Don't use a lot of online sites although I do go on activebass on a regular basis for the banter.

Anyway that's me, do a boring day job to sustain my hobby which is out gigging (and get paid to boot).

My strength is that I really do know my limitations!!![/quote]

Bit dull, but there you are! Mind you, the BC For Sale forum has had an effect, I don't use any of the above gear any more, in fact don't own the TE stuff at all!! :)

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='crez5150' post='1037430' date='Nov 26 2010, 09:23 AM']Mine only go back to Jun 12 2007..... but I posted far earlier than that....??[/quote]

Your earlier posts have been syphoned off, and are now in a special High Security databank in Area 41 ...

[quote]Hello all,

I want an ESP so i'm going to have to part with my blue Yamaha RBXJM1.
It's been played for nearly 10 years so it could do with a bit of a clean but all the electrics work fine. Sounds great; legendary bright middle growl and quite unbelievable clarity really are the selling points of this guitar. Built like a house and weighs almost as much. I'm even throwing in a hardcase too. It's battered, but it's still got three catches and it has a handle.
I'm looking for about £500, but try me. You might catch me in a generous mood.

If anyone's interested, email me and i'll send you a load of photos of my actual guitar, but for now, here's a stock photo courtesy of google:

Speak your brains!

Truckstop ([email protected])[/quote]

Haha, I then dropped it to £400 and then decided to keep it!

Truckstop