Why become a member? ×

FS: Trace Elliot 1215SMX 1x15" Combo £250 (GP12SMX)

ferrisio

Hello there, I was recommended to post this amp on this forum by a friend of mine, hope it's ok...

Looking for a quick sale hence the price. The combo is in Leicester, J21 of the M1. Here is my Trace Elliot 1215 combo:

It's been well used, but is functionally fine. It had the preamp valve replaced about 2 or 3 years ago and has had little use since. It's VERY loud and drives a second cabinet with ease. It uses the GP12SMX preamp which is the best preamp that Trace made, this one is from the best pre-Gibson takeover period. The amp has been 100% reliable and is about as portable as a decent bass combo can be. It's conservatively rated at 350 watts, but is louder than the equivalent Ashdown 500 Watt model, based on a side-by-side comparison.

There are a few cosmetic flaws in the tolex(?) covering and a knob on the compressor is missing, though the compressor still works perfectly, plus the plastic trim around one of the tuning ports is missing. These spares are still available from Gavin at GM Audio Services Ltd though if you wanted to make it mint.

Manual is here - [url="http://www.britishaudioservice.com/inst/SMX.PDF"]1215 SMX Manual[/url]

Please reply or PM if interested, or call James on 'oh seven eight eight 5 8 9 six three 6 five' thanks!

EDIT: Price change

Edited by ferrisio

[quote name='Thornybank' post='1038992' date='Nov 27 2010, 05:08 PM']That's cheap!
Low for the head section alone....[/quote]
I know :) but I have realised I'm not likely to use it again, and it's not the easiest time to sell things like that so hopefully someone will snap it up quickly. The amp has been the only piece of musical equipment I've owned that has been entirely faultless in the whole time I've owned it (about 10 years). I'd have another in a shot.

[quote name='Mauro' post='1040578' date='Nov 28 2010, 11:08 PM']This Line outputs is a cab 4 ohms or 8 ohms?
Cheers![/quote]

Hi there are two [i]speaker outputs[/i] to drive a minimum of a 4 ohm load. The internal speaker has an 8 ohm impedance, so an extra 8 ohm cabinet can be added to give 4 ohms total.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...