Why become a member? ×

Mighty Mite Replacement Necks

matt_citizenbass

My neck is literally on it's last legs, its at the point where i could snap it way too easily. Rather than wait for that to happen while i'm in the middle of a two week tour I'd rather buy a new neck now.

I wanted to get the Mighty Mite Maple fretboard Jazz replacement.

Has anyone had any experience with Mighty Mite?

Will i need to alter the body at all to get it to fit?

It'd be great if i could just slot it straight in...

Also are they the exact same neck profiles as the fender necks?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Matt

I've put a Mighty Mite Precision neck onto an SX Precision - great fit, great neck. I ended up selling both my USA Ps on the strength of it. The 2907 which I bought was a satin finish (which I like) but I believe there are other options, too. AFAIK the fit is the same as a Fender, but I'm sure someone else will be along to confirm.

Have a look at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109927&hl=mighty+mite"]this thread[/url], and also the one that's linked in the last post too, lots of info about Mighty Mite necks and ordering them too. I've got one on my Jazz and it's brilliant, can't recommend them enough.

EDIT: Also, Mighty Mite necks are licensed by Fender so should fit the majority of Fender bodies no problem. That said, I had to have a wee bit of the neck pocket of my Jazz routed to allow the neck to fit.

Edited by Jono Bolton

I'm building a precision for my son at the moment. He wants a precision but with a Jazz neck as he's really a jazz player. I got a Mighty Mite neck and am well impressed. The body I got is from a Squier. The neck pocket will need a tiny bit of work to make it fit. However, I would rather have a wee bit of work to have a tight fit than have the neck falling into the pocket.