Why become a member? ×

Sandberg JM5

brick

Bought one of these from the marketplace on here about 2 months ago and really digging the bass apart from the neck pick up (it’s a Delano PUP) which seems really weak and sounds very muddy. I'm just wondering if any folks on here with the same model have had similar experiences and if poss could suggest a suitable replacement pick up

Ross

thanks for the posts guys

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1044416' date='Dec 1 2010, 10:15 PM']I'm after one of these exact basses. How is the neck? I'll be keeping an eye on this for replies to the PUP too.[/quote]

the neck is superb IMO, not to chunky or to skinny and the only thing ive had that has even came close was the maple neck that was on my CIJ P bass

cheers mike i will give it a try see if that makes a diff

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1044981' date='Dec 2 2010, 01:04 PM']hehe, I have severe GAS for one of these, its a shame they never seem to come up 2nd hand.[/quote]

yeah mine came about thourgh an ad in the wanted section here, seems to be the odd 4 stringer or JJ5 cropping up in the for sale but ive only ever saw one other JM5 up for sale

Yeah, I've had a good look through the for sale section, the only one that wasn't marked sold (which was a PM5, near enough for me haha) had been traded and the new owner is more than happy with it, damn the luck! haha

I have a wanted ad up, hopefully something will come of it. :) Glad to know they feel good anyway, hope you get your problems with the neck pup sorted. Keep us updated. :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1044981' date='Dec 2 2010, 01:04 PM']hehe, I have severe GAS for one of these, its a shame they never seem to come up 2nd hand.[/quote]

I usually don't advocate buying new, but if you're looking for one and can't find any used Guitar Guitar could probably cut you a decent deal on one. Either that, or hit Guitar Guitar Newcastle, where they usually have loads of Sandbergs.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1045908' date='Dec 3 2010, 01:51 AM']I must admit about the only bass guitar I am considering buying at the moment is a custom Sandberg J. Probably JJ, probably a 5. If I knew exactly what I wanted I would've ordered it already.

They look like great basses I must say.[/quote]

The three or four Sandberg Cali's I've played have sounded consistently better than their more expensive Sadowsky Metro counterparts I've tested and for much cheaper also. Not slamming Sadowsky's, this is just my opinion of course.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1045904' date='Dec 3 2010, 01:42 AM']I usually don't advocate buying new, but if you're looking for one and can't find any used Guitar Guitar could probably cut you a decent deal on one. Either that, or hit Guitar Guitar Newcastle, where they usually have loads of Sandbergs.[/quote]

Looking at the guitarguitar website, Sandbergs aren't even mentioned on there.

I've been toying with the idea of a new one, they're so rare and also since they do the semi-custom thing, I could get a nice top on it or choose my paint instead of going for one of the bog standard ones.

I'll have to look into it after xmas, can't afford to buy new now.

Edit: Brick, if there's still a slight volume dip, you could try lowering the bridge pup too, I know it's not ideal but if it's only a slight dip, it shouldn't be a big problem. :)

Edited by ThomBassmonkey