Why become a member? ×

This is in really, really excellent condition, like all of my stuff it's been treated with great care. It comes with a remote control.

I just bought a new Rega turntable though, and this amp doesn't have a phono stage input, so I've bought a new one.

Here are the specifications from the Cambridge Audio site.

Azur 640A features

65 watts per channel (8 Ohms)
100 watts per channel (4 Ohms)
CAP5™ protection system with no sound quality degrading active circuitry added into the signal path
Upgraded power supply
SNR 96dB ‘A’ weighted
Class ‘A’ follower driver stage
Polypropylene bypass capacitors
Second set of speaker outputs
Optional MM phono
Headphone output
Standby function
Bypassable tone controls
Low resonance, acoustically damped chassis improves sonic performance
Stylish all-metal casework with a solid aluminium front panel
Slim-line Azur remote control with aluminium top panel

£120 shipped in the UK.

Edited by Soliloquy

[quote name='MythSte' post='1047973' date='Dec 5 2010, 06:00 AM']I've had the 540A for about 5 years now and its been awesome. Best of luck with the sale - I simply cant justify a use for a second one right now![/quote]

Ahh cool mate! I have the 540R - the AV version of yours - it's a great amp isn't it!?!

[quote name='molan' post='1047958' date='Dec 5 2010, 02:42 AM']Is this the original 640a or the upgraded v2?

Also - have you ever experienced any issues with it cutting out at high volumes - I've heard some CA amps have had issues with that?[/quote]

Hi,

I just checked and it is indeed the V2 (it's printed on the back of it).

I have had absolutely no issues with it at all, it has always worked perfectly. It sounds amazing, and won a load of awards which is partly why I bought it.

I am only selling it because it doesn't have the phono input. I have the choice of buying a separate phono stage or a new amp, I prefer the new amp simply because it's less clutter.

• 4 months later...