Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1024 quality?

Jamesemt

I've just received a BB1024, but am unhappy with the quality and am going to return it.

Isn't the 1024 supposed to be the mass market Yamaha flag ship? I realise the 2024 is hand built, but the quality of mine is really shoddy. The neck bolt holes are really roughly cut and the electronics plate on the back is also poorly cut. Also a Mark on the back of the body.

Bit of a shame as it sounds fantastic, first bridge pickup I've played that didn't sound thin! Anyone else got a 1024? Is mine just a Friday afternoon guitar? Also must add that although the gigbag is technically a freebie it feels really cheap!

Not happy

I probably had the first of these in the UK. It was a demo unit used at shows throughout Europe, so had a few little marks. I considered my BB2000 to be a better bass so returned the BB1024. I'd heard such good praise for the BB2024 that my expectations were probably set a little high.

Did you get it from Thomann? They are a bit random in that sometimes you get your great deall all fine and dandy, but sometimes things are let through!

This DOES sound very surprising too me! I've never seen anything wrong with a Yammi, apart from one or two really small things on my Attitude!

I'd like to here more on this when you get it all sorted!

All the best :)

it's not a chinese snide one bought off Fleabay :)

very strange, Yamaha's may not be for everyone (for what ever reason?) but the one thing you rarely see is build quality issues with Yamaha's, even the cheapest RBX170 looks and feels quite plush.

I'm sure the replacement one will be OK.

Edited by iconic

We're all Europeans now (even the British :) ), your rights as a buyer are covered by European law. The vendor should have offered you a replacement too (outside of the £25 PFO offer)? You're covered in the same way as if you bought it in a shop down the road, just extra hassle with couriers involved.

[quote name='Machines' post='1058144' date='Dec 14 2010, 07:03 AM']£25 discount for fundamental QC flaws ? Sounds like they don't want the hassle of sending it to Yamaha. You can't make the Distance Selling Act apply if they're outside the UK can you ?[/quote]
The Distance Selling Regulations were implemented by the UK government to consolidate the previous law and introduce a European Directive, so the short answer is yes, you can, citing the Directive. The Directive is primary law, the UK measures secondary law, so the Directive takes precedence.

[url="http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31997L0007:EN:NOT"]http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUri...997L0007:EN:NOT[/url]

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='BB2000' post='1054576' date='Dec 10 2010, 10:40 PM']I probably had the first of these in the UK. It was a demo unit used at shows throughout Europe, so had a few little marks. I considered my BB2000 to be a better bass so returned the BB1024. I'd heard such good praise for the BB2024 that my expectations were probably set a little high.[/quote]

ummm...but the 2024x is a different model in the range so you ought try one of these against your 2000

Really sorry to hear that. Maybe a wee mail to Yamaha as well might make up for things.

My Indonesian BB714 is superbly made, I'm really surprised that this has occurred because Yamaha QC is second to no other.

andy

Edited by andy67