Why become a member? ×

Gotoh 201 -a-like bridge SOLD

I bought this from StevieD Fender2009 who tells me he had it fitted to his Fender Standard Precision. Unfortunately the holes in the bridge for the fixing screws don't line up with the holes drilled in my bass, a Fender Power Jazz Special. On this bridge the centre-to-centre distance between outermost screw holes looks to be 75mm, which is around 5mm too wide for my two fenders but apparently fine on Stevie's. So - if you are interested do measure this distance to see if it is suitable. Obviously if you were fitting this to a new build, or even a refinished body with new holes drilled, it wouldn't make any difference.

Here are two pics - one with it lined up against the holes, the other compared to the existing one.

For some reason the flash has made the surface look as though it is covered in blemishes - it is in fact in very good condition - to look at it you wouldn't know it had been ever fitted other than some slight wear on the saddles where the strings passed over. Comes with screws and allen key for saddles.

£[s]11[/s] 9 posted or £[s]10[/s] 8 collected from SE Essex. I'm almost giving this away - paid £12 for it plus postage

Edited by Paul S

Post Christmas bump and I'll take a decent offer. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=115404"]Been talking about it here[/url] and it either will fit as a direct replacement for your Fender. Or it won't. Take measurements!

I have now got and fitted a Gotoh 201 and there actually isn't much difference in the quality between them, so if this fits your bass it is a cheap upgrade.