Why become a member? ×

TRADE Pending: Jazz Bass

Moos3h

Hi everyone,

This is my mid 80's Brandoni 'Custom' Jazz bass - please note that despite the headstock decal, it's not a real Fender, however Brandoni supplied these with blank headstocks, so it was crying out for something!

I bought this used from ebay about 2 years ago, stupidly sold it and managed to buy it back and have never found a better playing, more comfortable Jazz - that's the truth! However, I'm now looking into Stingray options so not having any money or room, this will have to go. I've deliberately waited a while before listing this, and in fact have had it cased for the last month whilst gigging with my other bass and it's proved I can do without it.

So what do we know about it?

The original seller said that it was put together from parts by Brandoni of Wembley - they used to import good quality Japanese-sourced kits and a few got assembled into instruments in their own right - some later had headstock logos, but not this one. In the Bass Cellar in Denmark Street I recently saw one in much better condition and with a headstock transfer (but undoubtedly the same series) so they are out there, but fairly rare now.

The body? Don't know what wood it is, and please don't ask me to weigh it as I simply can't but to me it is not a heavy bass and the balance is just great.

Is it perfect? God no. This is dripping with genuine mojo and has been gigged extensively, I hope the photos reflect this - this is NOT a dodgy DIY relic job, but wear and tear earned on the road.

When I bought it back from Fatos I thought it was going to need a refret, but having taken it to my local store, they say it'd get away with a fret stone, but it WILL be the last before a refret is needed. That said, I've not done anything yet and it still plays and sounds great!

The electrics all work and I've shielded the cavity so it's pretty quiet! Bridge and machineheads and a bit scrappy but functional and reflect the age of the instrument.

Quite simply, the neck on this bass is it's trump card - it's incredible, very thin and very comfortable if like me you have quite small hands - if you like a precision style neck, this is not for you.

It comes with the case shown in the pictures and has recently had a new set of strings.

POSTAGE:
At this time of year, I'd really rather not make any promises regarding postage, therefore collection would be preferable by a long stretch - i'll happily make you a cuppa whilst you try it and of course you'd be welcome to walk away if it's not as I've described! That said, if you really, really, really must then I can investigate postage options, but would be stunned if it got to you this year, let alone this side of Christmas.

PAYMENT / PRICE:
That'd be cash on collection please! If having it posted then I'd consider Paypal, but you know the drill - gift payment please as the fees are pretty painful! Given that this is a far better bass, including a good hard case than could be bought anywhere new and I am NOT in a hurry to sell then I think £250 is more than fair.

TRADES:
Yes, I'd consider a trade for a Stingray of some shape, it's unlikely I can add much money to the trade, but try me? I realise there's a fair difference in valuation, but I'm stating this for completeness.

Any questions just yell? In the unlikely event that you're still reading, I'll shut up now and post some pics - again, not great but I will do my best to get some better ones.

PHOTOS:

Edited by Moos3h

Nice looking bass - I paid a visit to Brandoni's in the spring Re: EKO Bx7 - waiting time seemed too long to wait. Ironically if I'd gone for it I would have had the bass long ago!! There was an Italian fella selling one on BC around the same time - wanted FAR TOO much - £400 +P&P when Brandoni's were charging £325 - got me thinking, maybe I'll give them a ring...damn GAS!!!