Why become a member? ×

Advice - To get another matching amp/cab

TheButler

Quick question. I'm currently wanting to decide what I should put some money towards for next year. I'm going to try putting £100 away a month to get a bit more gear. All I have done in the past 6 months is fester in my own self pity. I sold lots of stuff and kinda want to rebuild my rig. I've got my own place now, SWMBO gave me an assigned man cave room, and I have been given the green light to put some new furniture in it. Call it an investment!

Anyway, I was wondering about getting another 400+ - I was thinking that I could maybe just get the Strategy though? I'm crap when it comes to figuring this stuff out, but I guess I could run the Strategy through the 400+ pre or something?

I was also thinking about getting another one, or two of the Mesa Diesel cabs. I've got a 1516 and would kinda fancy either another one, or a 215. Any thoughts?

I've noticed a down turn in the trend for heavy things. So, thought i'd take advantage of it. I'm currently only jamming with friends after a stint in a band that were doing well. We're just concerned about having fun and making noise, so I realise my thoughts my not be practical or sensible, but meh.

Anyway, if anyone could provide some insight into this line of things that'd be cool.

Cheers
Jamie

I've noticed that both are pretty easy to find, so that isn't a problem. I did notice Foxen's one, but I'm not in the position to buy it right now. I need to decide what I want, and then save :) Its the only way I can feign the GAS and also not be a complete geardo, and really piss off SWMBO.

think you should buy my amp! ....

seriously... why two the same? something different? hook them up in a bass equivalent to nick zinner's rig (yeah yeah yeahs) or something different would let you play with a second type of amps... not all your GAS eggs in the same basket so to speak!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1068313' date='Dec 23 2010, 10:28 PM']think you should buy my amp! ....

seriously... why two the same? something different? hook them up in a bass equivalent to nick zinner's rig (yeah yeah yeahs) or something different would let you play with a second type of amps... not all your GAS eggs in the same basket so to speak![/quote]

Yeh, but I'd happily procreate with my 400+

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1068360' date='Dec 23 2010, 11:22 PM']would you have two wives? two 400+s?[/quote]

Who's asking? The morality, amongst other things, kinda breaks the analogy down somewhat. Not to mention there are really no equal grounds; enjoyment, etc etc. So, yes, I should think another 400+ would be just dandy! :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1069335' date='Dec 25 2010, 08:45 PM']do you have a van to get this mega rig to gigs? where are you playing, murryfield?[/quote]

Land Rover Discovery, which can carry a hefty amount :) Not Murrayfield, or indeed anywhere in the near future - because I quit my band. :)