Why become a member? ×

New Sansamp VT Bass rack

1976fenderhead

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1067881' date='Dec 23 2010, 04:01 PM']"Analogue watts" gah. 300w might be a bit underpowered I reckon, think another member had troubles with his Sansamp amp clipping.[/quote]

Yeah I have a 350w SWR amp and I find it lacking often, wouldn't buy less than 500 today, unless if we're talking all valve of course...
Analog watts, lol, they just invented a new kind of watts. Let's hope they mean RMS by the way :)

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='1067900' date='Dec 23 2010, 04:24 PM']Yeah I have a 350w SWR amp and I find it lacking often, wouldn't buy less than 500 today, unless if we're talking all valve of course...
Analog watts, lol, they just invented a new kind of watts. Let's hope they mean RMS by the way :)[/quote]
Nah, they've just stuck an unnecessary word in front. All watts are analog. If there was a digital watt it would have a value of 1 or 0. A watt or a not-a-watt...

Thats basically the replacement for the Landmark 300

I had a Landmark and was plenty loud enough !
and sounded sooooo good , especially if you are looking for
plenty of 'grind' in your tone. With plenty of scope for
being able to switch between sounds.

There will probably be a 600 watt version available as they did with the Landmark

. . . . . Saying that I now have a TC Electronic Classic 450 and its amazing !

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='1067912' date='Dec 23 2010, 04:32 PM']Nah, they've just stuck an unnecessary word in front. All watts are analog. If there was a digital watt it would have a value of 1 or 0. A watt or a not-a-watt...[/quote]

I guess they are trying to appeal to the anti class D crowd. Which in fairness is kind of off or on in a sense.

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' post='1068057' date='Dec 23 2010, 06:20 PM']I wish they'd put a pad on the front end of it - when I use my VT bass with my Stingray, I always find I can't turn the gain up past 8 o'clock without heavy grind... :)

With the precision though... :)[/quote]

They have. There's a +10dB gain switch on the front. :D

This amp looks cool and is clearly a replacement for their Landmark 300 which was a great amp! I had one.... and also an ear shattering Landmark 600.... so I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a VT Bass 600 too at some point in the near future... :lol:

300 watts sounds fairly small in comparison to some of the competition. But how much power do you really need before it just becomes a generic number that people use to signify 'loudness'.However, I find it difficult to classify watts in terms of loudness beyond the obvious (ie a 65 watt amp is not as loud as a 300 watt amp). For example I have a Trace Elliot 300 watt head (SMX series) and a Mesa Walkabout, and find that there is no real difference in headroom/loudness between these amps and the Ashdown ABM 500 and Ampeg SVT 450 that are in the studio I use.

I have always had the view that an efficient 300 watt amp driven through a 4ohm loud was plenty loud enough to cope with most gigs (especially if is being driven through a good cab).

Tech 21 will probably bring out a 600 watt version in 6 months or so, much like they have made people wait a while before they brought out a VT bass pedal that had a DI out.

Merry christmas everybody!