Why become a member? ×

FS/T: 70s made in Japan Les Paul Triumph Bass.

jonsparrow91

(Original thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=112577&st=0&p=1038074&#entry1038074"]HERE.[/url])

Very nice bass with a clear vintagey vibe. Its a Japanese (v.good build quality) copy of a Gibson Les Paul Triumph bass and was made in the early 70s, very rare (had never heard one one until I saw it on this forum.) Its in perfect working order aside from one thing: when I put a new set of strings on (Rotosound 88s, rather thick nylon wound strings) the nut snapped at the G string, apparently the gauge was too thick. Easily fixed with either super glue and lighter gauge strings or with a new nut altogether, either way I'm knocking off £20 from what I paid.

What I would like:

£200 + pp by bank transfer or paypal (buyer to pay the fees I'm afraid).

or

A bass guitar or electric guitar of some sort. Open to all sorts really, the worst I can say is no. :)

If sent by courier it'll be in a heavily padded box and gig bag.

Jon

Also, pics:

Edited by spaz91

[quote name='Stag' post='1073061' date='Dec 30 2010, 08:47 PM']Blimey... never seen a faker of one of these! A very fair price IMO... my 72' Triumph is LOUD so I suspect this is as well?[/quote]
Back when this had rounds on it could get seriously aggressive for a teensy bass.

[quote name='spaz91' post='1073740' date='Dec 31 2010, 03:07 PM']Shortscales are truly great to play, with low action like this its hard to stop yourself shredding even with the thumpiest of tones. :)

Don't suppose anyone wants to give me a Precision bass for it? :)[/quote]

I've got a hybrid P. SX body, pickups and hardware. New 250K pots and cap. Vintage (brand) maple/rosewood neck with refinished headstock and F decal. New tort scratchplate, cut a bit wide round the neck, and original white one. Nice bass for what it is, but I've got an MIJ P, so looking for something more interesting. I was after £100-ish, so cash your way, just a matter of how much. PM if you're interested. I've got more pictures.