Why become a member? ×

gone

Guest jonnyj

I`ve not noticed anything like this with mine, but up to date have only used it at home, with the accompanying "home volume".

Got a practice on Thurs, so will keep an ear out, and let you know if I experience the same thing.

Yep, my RH450 does that. It's not a noise from the speakers, Lozz, it happens with mine whenever it's switched on (even when I'm using headphones and they aren't on my head), and seems to come from the amp itself.

Now I'm hoping it's nothing significant :)

My brand new Staccato does exactly the same thing, pretty sure my old RH450 did as well. In fact the RH did something similar on power down as well.

I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I asked TC & they told me something about just circuits powering up.

[quote name='Muzz' post='1078226' date='Jan 5 2011, 09:29 AM']Yep, my RH450 does that. It's not a noise from the speakers, Lozz, it happens with mine whenever it's switched on (even when I'm using headphones and they aren't on my head), and seems to come from the amp itself.

Now I'm hoping it's nothing significant :)[/quote]

Yep, I have owned two and both do that on powering up. It comes from the amp, like you say.
Seems normal for this amp (RH450) and I guess by extension the Classic and Stacatto too.