Why become a member? ×

Ovation Magnum

FlatEric

Don't normally get involved with this sort of thing but it may be
of use to someone.

Spotted this, the other day - looks like a respectable example.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ovation-Magnum-Bass-Guitar-/130471414894?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e60b3cc6e"]Ovation Magnum[/url]

One or two BCer's have shown an interest in them.

I already have one and I am trying to kick the habit of buying
two (or three) of the same thing, so someone buy this and
remove the temptation. :)

Cheers. :)

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1080092' date='Jan 6 2011, 04:48 PM']Great basses and as an owner of one I don't see why the prices shouldn't have gone up a bit by now. For a fantastically made 70's american made bass I don't think £500+ is unreasonable at all. Only paid £330ish for mine three years ago :) Shipped it over from the states.[/quote]

Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't afford one :)

Haha, awww probably :)
I appreciate some silly things have shot up in value over the last few years to a ridiculous degree but I think it's perfectly reasonable that instruments such as these (and other 70's US instruments like Guilds etc) are gradually increasing in value. There have been some silly bargains around over the past few years but people are starting to cotton on, just like with the Japcrap craze which has seemingly gone a bit far now.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1079822' date='Jan 6 2011, 01:37 PM']Fancy one? Yup.

Plan to buy one? Nope.

Regrettably, these basses come from an era when a bass that weighed less than a Ford Cortina (preferably a Mk.II) was a mere toy, not worth the bother of strapping on.

:lol:[/quote]

Nice comparison - I had two MK II's, "that were many years ago, when men were men"
Power Steering, Pah - how else were you supposed to get any exercise?? :)

They are not heavy - mine isn't, balances surprisingly well - quite a bright tone, not
what most people expect.

Looks like a reasonable one.

Cheers. :)