Why become a member? ×

Joyo digital wireless set up

blind pilot

Just to let you guys know, I took the plunge and stumped up for a Joyo wireless set up. > [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-GUITAR-SYSTEM-DIGITAL-TRANSMITTER-RECEIVER-KIT-/230569604904?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35af04f728"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-GUITAR-SYST...=item35af04f728[/url]

Only had a quick fiddle last night, instant thoughts are :

Will be making a male/female extension lead to move the transmitter, as I am not sure how secure it will be hanging under the bass.

charges via usb....not ideal, but will be testing the "claimed" battery life.

Very easy to set up and "pair" the two units.

Another benefit, you can pair the transmitter with more than one receiver, could make multi-amping easier!

very little latency when tested lasted night, sitting on the practice amp, found it to be fine!

Will be putting it though its paces on tuesday night with a full 4 hour rehearsal.........

Stay tuned for more but initial thoughts are for £80.00, Im impressed!

Well, after rehearsing last night, all I can say is its going back!

Initial thoughts were good when testing at home, but playing in a 'live' situation I have no confidence in the unit,as the range is pretty poor, useable up to about 3 meters, any more and the latency becomes huge.

Another issue is although it uses bluetooth technology, I am pretty sure the signal is not encrypted, as it gets very harsh interference when the guitarist switches on his Line 6 G30, we tried 're-pairing' the units and switching channels on the line 6, all made no difference, still got a horrible buzz. We also switched the bluetooth on our phones on, and this too affected the signal, The signal strength also seemed to 'drop out' whilst I was playing on my own throughout a song.

So the long and the short are :- Its great if there are no other bluetooth devices on and you are very close to you set-up!

My opinion - save for the Line 6 G30, yes its £170.00 more, but, I would not pay £80+/- for a product that falls so short of the mark!

Overall I am dissapointed, I was not expecting it to 'beat' the line 6, but I think I am correct in saying, it needs to do what it is designed to do!

[attachment=68539:joyo.jpg]

:)

Was the Really Useful Music company which I suspect is the same as yours...

They were good as gold about replacing it, and when it was working it was great - including range.. The replacement has just arrived and it's working fine - let's see how it copes at rehearsal tonight..

Cheers

Mark

• 1 year later...