Why become a member? ×

P bass wiring harness.

paul h

So what I have learnt in this thread is that replacing low quality components with high quality ones does in no way count as an upgrade. That the electrical signal from pickups to output jack is not affected in any way whatsoever by the components and connections in between in any way that can be detected audibly.

That you can say anything to anyone as long as you follow it up with a "I'm not saying you are...." caveat.

And my personal favourite, that you are not allowed to take offence at something if the poster half apologises after you've taken offence at it. :)

Glad that's all cleared up.

:)

[quote name='paul h' post='1121747' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:13 PM']Oh that's right. He apologised about the smiley [i]after[/i] I made the trolling comment. I'm sorry my lack of time machine is distressing you.....[/quote]

Actually you posted it while I was formulating my rather long winded reply/apology.
I'm not sure my apology would have been so genuinely heartfelt had I seen what you'd written about me.

[quote name='paul h' post='1121782' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:28 PM']So what I have learnt in this thread is that replacing low quality components with high quality ones does in no way count as an upgrade. That the electrical signal from pickups to output jack is not affected in any way whatsoever by the components and connections in between in any way that can be detected audibly.....[/quote]
Which thread was that in? :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1121790' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:32 PM']Actually you posted it while I was formulating my rather long winded reply/apology.
I'm not sure my apology would have been so genuinely heartfelt had I seen what you'd written about me.[/quote]

Mate, I am sure you are a lovely bloke and I hate to see anyone argue on BC...especially me! :)

But look at it from my perspective....

The "Meanwhile..." comment was plain rude and would only just be acceptable even with a smiley. You make a comment about opinions but seem absolutely determined to prove that mine are wrong. You are reading things into my posts that are not there so suite your argument. I never said boost or claimed anything similar.

To be honest I feel like I am being picked on. Even icastle is having a go at me for being offended by clearly offensive comments.

You are obviously a knowledgeable guy and all I know is what I have experienced and what I have heard. So is it ok if I just ask you a few questions and you can tell me where I'm "going wrong"?

[quote name='paul h' post='1121809' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:39 PM']Mate, I am sure you are a lovely bloke and I hate to see anyone argue on BC...especially me! :)

But look at it from my perspective....

The "Meanwhile..." comment was plain rude and would only just be acceptable even with a smiley.[/quote]
Mate get over it. It was tactless perhaps but I don't know what else you want from me. I have apologised. I'm sure people have said worse to you. And I know you have said worse to others.

[quote name='paul h' post='1121809' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:39 PM']You make a comment about opinions but seem absolutely determined to prove that mine are wrong.[/quote]
Looking at it from "my perspective" of how things actually work compared to what people think they do, can you blame me?
Despite what you think, I don't want to prove you wrong. I just don't want people searching these boards for helpful tips to necessarily believe that aspects of what you have said are informative and substantiated by fact.

I'll stand up for the the right for anyone to express an opinion, rightly or wrongly. But the licence to use this right carries responsibility.

[quote name='paul h' post='1121809' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:39 PM']You are reading things into my posts that are not there so suite your argument.[/quote]
Ironically enough, it was pointed out to me this is what you were doing about my posts. :)

[quote name='paul h' post='1121809' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:39 PM']I never said boost or claimed anything similar.[/quote]
In post #27 you said.... [quote].....The output is significantly improved.....[/quote]

[quote name='paul h' post='1121809' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:39 PM']To be honest I feel like I am being picked on. Even icastle is having a go at me for being offended by clearly offensive comments.[/quote]
You called him a tool.... You didn't really.... But you did.
It is the most defamatory thing to have been said by anyone in this thread.

[quote name='paul h' post='1121809' date='Feb 9 2011, 07:39 PM']You are obviously a knowledgeable guy and all I know is what I have experienced and what I have heard. So is it ok if I just ask you a few questions and you can tell me where I'm "going wrong"?[/quote]
If you honestly want me to comment on where I think you are "going wrong" I will have to respectfully decline.

If you want to ask me questions on P bass wiring then shoot, and in the spirit of Basschat I will try to the best of my ability to pass on what I know.