Why become a member? ×

Gig at new West London venue

Low End Bee

My band the Jetsonics will be playing a gig at St Paul's in Brentford on Saturday 29th January.
St Paul's is being used by Brentford promoter Helen Martin to establish a mid sized (200-500) local music venue in the area to see some quality music. It's a nice layout with a very reasonable licenced bar and a friendly atmosphere.
There are plenty of pubs hosting covers and tribute bands in the West London area but mid sized venues hosting original music are virtually non existant. Future performers lined up include John Otway, Ian McNabb, the Members, etc. Along with Nick Lowe who played there in 2010 and managed to get a 500 strong turnout.
We will also be raising funds on the night for a local charity. the Brentford Toy Library.
The support band 100Ways are very good too. They remind me a bit of early XTC.

Apart from us putting on a good show :) it's a chance to check out the venue and state your case with the promoter if you fancy playing there in the future. She's better on the performers cut than any other gig I've played!

I'd love to see loads of people there. I want an established, local venue I can go and see good bands and I'd like to play there again too!

Hope you can make it.

Ad

• 2 weeks later...