Why become a member? ×

Moorlands FM Leek ,Great night out!

stingrayPete1977

Well as you can see from my sig below I play bass for a guy called Dave Barron, He has an album coming out soon which he has been touting where ever he can. He mentioned last week "your alright for monday night arent you?" which turned out to be a live slot on Moorlands FM 103.7 in Leek on the local and unsigned show hosted by Paul Oldfield (not mr methane, i dont think?) and Dubstep Kate. Well it was a great night and they made us really welcome, Cup of coffee when we got there the lot, Pint in the Engine room opposite after with the whole station crew was a good laugh too. We did the usual 3 tracks and an interview beforehand, Dave playing acoustic guitar and singing, A guy called Alex I have met twice before on the second acoustic, A guy called Matt on the cajon drum box thingy who I met downstairs at the station that night! I will try and do a link for it but Im crap on the pc.

Any bands around that area sheffield,notts,manchester,stoke,staffs etc etc etc Its worth contacting them if you fancy it for a bit of exposure and a laugh plus its good training for you younger guys for bigger stations to prove you can do it without swearing and making a total hash of it. I know Kerrang radio like you to have been on similar things before from experience for example.

Theres not much room as is often the way (I was playing on the landing with my 1x10 cab but off the genz DI, Yet another bonus of light weight amps and cabs) and its mixed through a little 8 way desk and then out to the listeners online and on FM. The bass was right down in the mix but to be fair they didnt know the bass is a big part of Daves sound and often carries the tunes. They will remix them and send it to us after though so maybe I will be boosted later, Once done they play them alongside the studio versions on future shows too.

Big thumbs up from me and worth an email and a night out if its not too far for you or your band. :)

[url="http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Moorlands-Music-on-Moorlands-Radio-1037fm/271360053360"]http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Moorl...fm/271360053360[/url]
Obviously Im the one licking my new blue pearl Ray5 live on air after a certain Basschatter emailed in to the show to get it a mention :)

Facebook is really slow tonight........

Edited by stingrayPete1977