Why become a member? ×

Pair Linn Isobarik DMS Speakers SOLD

For Sale, I have a pair of Linn Isobarik Hi Fi Speakers, bought new in the 70's.( or very early 80's, can't remember) These were the dogs dangly's in their day, and are still very impressive (especially the low bass ), if you have the right gear to go with them. I ran them through my Tandberg 3000 series pre/power amp setup, and the sound was (is) to die for. I moved to a smaller house ( it was 11 years ago, and I 've just let go ), where they were deemed to be too big by the management, so don't get used. Thought I'd offer them on here, JIC, in the hope that they won't sell !
Then at least I tried ! :) :)

Price is SOLD,
Please don't tell you friends ! :lol:

Edited by Chimike

• 6 months later...

[quote name='Chimike' post='1090394' date='Jan 15 2011, 01:34 PM']For Sale, I have a pair of Linn Isobarik Hi Fi Speakers, bought new in the 70's.( or very early 80's, can't remember) These were the dogs dangly's in their day, and are still very impressive (especially the low bass ), if you have the right gear to go with them. I ran them through my Tandberg 3000 series pre/power amp setup, and the sound was (is) to die for. I moved to a smaller house ( it was 11 years ago, and I 've just let go ), where they were deemed to be too big by the management, so don't get used. Thought I'd offer them on here, JIC, in the hope that they won't sell !
Then at least I tried ! :) :)

Price is SOLD,
Please don't tell you friends ! :lol:[/quote]

Are still available?
what are the serial numbers?

Thank you.
Filippo

Thanks for the introduction to Pink Fish. They certainly seem to know their stuff there! On the subject of speakers I have some Tannoys - pair of T125's and a pair of Chatsworths. I bought the Chats in '71 along with my Quad stuff and I have had good HiFi sound ever since. Are their any Tannoy experts out there who could give me an indication of how the Chats would 'sit in the market' today? Any comments much appreciated. Sorry to hijack the thread but it seems appropriate.

[quote name='bassace' post='1311303' date='Jul 21 2011, 11:05 AM']Thanks for the introduction to Pink Fish. They certainly seem to know their stuff there! On the subject of speakers I have some Tannoys - pair of T125's and a pair of Chatsworths. I bought the Chats in '71 along with my Quad stuff and I have had good HiFi sound ever since. Are their any Tannoy experts out there who could give me an indication of how the Chats would 'sit in the market' today? Any comments much appreciated. Sorry to hijack the thread but it seems appropriate.[/quote]

According to the geeks on the Yahoo Tannoy group, they're to-die-for drivers (and worth a fortune on Ebay) let down by pretty flimsy cabinets. Tannoy didn't nake the best cabinets pre-80s.

I have a pair of Ardens, again the drivers are sublime but the cabinets quite coloured. One day I'll get round to building something better.