Why become a member? ×

Some Feedback For Steve Soar

risingson

Steve got in contact with me after I had posted up that I'd been having a few setup issues with my Jazz bass and said he'd be happy to have a look at it for me... so I popped round to his and after a quick setup and a general chin wag, my Jazz is now playing a lot better than it once was. Not only this but Steve said he'd be more than happy to have a look at my bass in the future should I have any more issues with it!

So if you're in the North West area and need a good setup, I can't recommend Steve enough, he clearly knows his stuff and was a cracking guy to boot! Cheers Steve, I really appreciated it! I'll certainly be going back to Steve in the future should I have any more setup issues that I can't handle myself.

Best wishes, Liam

• 4 weeks later...

Steve's just finished a particularly tricky pre-amp change on my Zoot for me - tricky because of the space available and a couple of additional switches I had put in which made life difficult (specifically the LED on the low battery indicator needing changing after it became detached!). No histrionics and no evasiveness, he simply phoned up and explained the situation and we postponed pick up a few days for him to sort it. I do like dealing with people who don't try and bulls**t you!

The Zoot is now happily equipped with an ACG EQ02 pre-amp and, I have to say, the bass sounds simply stunning now! I think even Steve would admit it out-Stingray's his Stingray. And Steve also did a little extra screening that was needed when he had it stripped down. All in all a top guy who knows his stuuf and can be relied on 100%!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1126673' date='Feb 14 2011, 08:52 AM']Steve's just finished a particularly tricky pre-amp change on my Zoot for me - tricky because of the space available and a couple of additional switches I had put in which made life difficult (specifically the LED on the low battery indicator needing changing after it became detached!). No histrionics and no evasiveness, he simply phoned up and explained the situation and we postponed pick up a few days for him to sort it. I do like dealing with people who don't try and bulls**t you!

The Zoot is now happily equipped with an ACG EQ02 pre-amp and, I have to say, the bass sounds simply stunning now! I think even Steve would admit it out-Stingray's his Stingray. And Steve also did a little extra screening that was needed when he had it stripped down. All in all a top guy who knows his stuuf and can be relied on 100%![/quote]Thanks Mark. :)
I think I heared bass tone Nirvana after plugging this bass in and I've listened to a few basses. Seymour Duncan Basslines Stingray pickup, powered by an ACG EQ02, series/paralell switching, added passive tone.
It out trumped my 1980 Stingray for sheer poke and the Rotosound strings were superb.
What a machine.
What a well made bass too!
Mark, you are a pleasure to do business with.