Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B200R vs BA115HPT

barneythedog

I've been looking at upgrading from my old Ampeg B3 (used for rehearsals) to something with a bit more power (and maybe try a tube pre-amp).

I love the Ampeg I've got, and I much prefer the sound to my main Warwick rig so I have been looking at the afore mentioned combo's.

The thing is, I'm confused - they are both made by Ampeg, both have 12AU7 preamps, 220W output and 15" speakers. But the B200R is €100 more on Musicstore.de

Is the only difference the Eminence in the 200R, and if so, is it worth the extra cash?

I remain confused :)

[quote name='barneythedog' post='124935' date='Jan 21 2008, 07:16 PM']I've been looking at upgrading from my old Ampeg B3 (used for rehearsals) to something with a bit more power (and maybe try a tube pre-amp).

I love the Ampeg I've got, and I much prefer the sound to my main Warwick rig so I have been looking at the afore mentioned combo's.

The thing is, I'm confused - they are both made by Ampeg, both have 12AU7 preamps, 220W output and 15" speakers. But the B200R is €100 more on Musicstore.de

Is the only difference the Eminence in the 200R, and if so, is it worth the extra cash?

I remain confused :)[/quote]

Email Dino - [email protected]

I'd imagine the difference is the speaker and the styling.

Rockets do sound different though - although I've not tried a b200r - I've got a b50r and played a b100r. Both had the same distinctive Rocket bass sound which is quite old school, and punchy. Neither of those have the valve pre-amp - but sound more valve like than normal B series ampegs.