Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0

Martin E

My Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 makes a brief squeak/ screech noise with just a tiny momentary dip in power from time to time Nothing to do with driving into clipping or input as it can happen when not even playing. Maybe a couple of times during a three hour practice session. Its not getting hot or doing anything odd otherwise. Any clues anyone? – I've been ignoring it so far...

[quote name='Martin E' post='1091800' date='Jan 16 2011, 08:47 PM']My Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 makes a brief squeak/ screech noise with just a tiny momentary dip in power from time to time Nothing to do with driving into clipping or input as it can happen when not even playing. Maybe a couple of times during a three hour practice session. Its not getting hot or doing anything odd otherwise. Any clues anyone? – I've been ignoring it so far...[/quote]

Cooling fan on it's way out?
That would be my first guess...

Yep - contact any of the Genz Benz guys - even directly thru their website. My 3.0 was sending a big low spike to the speaker ever time I turned it on/off, but only when MUTE was engaged. Asked Jeff Genzler about it - he arranged to have the UK distributor sort it out, at no expense to me - not even shipping. Great company.