Why become a member? ×

Ebay Links Forum Changes?

FYI

Admin-posted discussion on implementing a '50 posts on BC' threshold before you can post here in Ebay links:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118191&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118191&st=0[/url]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1092070' date='Jan 17 2011, 01:00 AM']It's allegedly to stop 'em signing up to plug their auctions on the Ebay board.

I fail to grasp how that's manifestly different to them plugging the same auctions on the For Sale boards, which I presume they're at liberty to do.

Jon.[/quote]
It's more about just keeping this section for discussion rather than personal ads.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1092084' date='Jan 17 2011, 02:08 AM']It's more about just keeping this section for discussion rather than personal ads.[/quote]
A change of board title's in order if that's the case: "Ebay Links - post your Ebay links here" could be construed as ever-so-slightly ambiguous!

I've not noticed too many auction plugs, tbh, but then I do tend to live in the JapCrap & 'Faker topics. On the whole it's been a lot quieter here since rattles started getting flung over the suggestion that posting links to interesting stuff you'd seen increases competition & stops folk getting bargains. Dunno if that was ever resolved.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1092237' date='Jan 17 2011, 10:36 AM']....I've not noticed too many auction plugs, tbh...[/quote]
Me neither. In fact more to the point I've noticed it more in the FS section than anything... while this bit here seems to be a forgotten corner of the site frequented mainly by the same old faces.

I this is a good start, I'd say 100 posts.. if you talk alot like me.. that's easy :-)

I'd like to see a simular thing for the normal ads, but maybe I'm turning into an old grumpy man and have too much love for BC ;-P. I like the BC buying selling confidence.

I need a life

[quote name='algmusic' post='1092273' date='Jan 17 2011, 11:21 AM']I this is a good start, I'd say 100 posts.. if you talk alot like me.. that's easy :-)

I'd like to see a simular thing for the normal ads, but maybe I'm turning into an old grumpy man and have too much love for BC ;-P. I like the BC buying selling confidence.[/quote]

That would stop newbies turning up and posting in for sale threads as they're trying to buy a bass.