Why become a member? ×

best place to buy george l's cables

john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='125387' date='Jan 22 2008, 12:31 PM']by best, i really mean cheapest!
I've seen a kit comprising 12 plugs and 10ft of cable for £38 shipped. Is there a cheaper way of buying them and do I need to bother with the strain relief jackets? I don't plan on constantly unplugging these cables, they will live in a pedalboard, plugged into pedals.[/quote]

Make sure you get the right angled plugs - the straight plugs aren't much cop... plus don't bother using these for anything but static cables on a pedal board as they are not strong enough to cope with anything else. Good cables for interconnects though. As for that price - looks pretty good. eBay from the States I presume?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='125405' date='Jan 22 2008, 01:09 PM']Make sure you get the right angled plugs - the straight plugs aren't much cop... plus don't bother using these for anything but static cables on a pedal board as they are not strong enough to cope with anything else. Good cables for interconnects though. As for that price - looks pretty good. eBay from the States I presume?[/quote]
no, ebay in the UK so no customs charges. i can save about 3 quid on the price by buying from the states, but there's all the other pitfalls involved in buying from the US. These have the right angled plugs and will only be used on a pedalboard. I would normally go for something like and OBBM or "john_the_bass's dad" special with neutriks on, but the plugs are too big to get close together.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='125453' date='Jan 22 2008, 02:16 PM']no, ebay in the UK so no customs charges. i can save about 3 quid on the price by buying from the states, but there's all the other pitfalls involved in buying from the US. These have the right angled plugs and will only be used on a pedalboard. I would normally go for something like and OBBM or "john_the_bass's dad" special with neutriks on, but the plugs are too big to get close together.[/quote]

There used to be a shop in the states where you could buy the pedal pack in really cheap - even after customs charges... but alas, it looks like they have gone pop. Yeah - the advantage of the george ls are the small space they occupy, you can really get your pedals up close. Good luck with all anyway! (and no, you don't need the stress jackets if the cables aren't moving anywhere - but I wouldn't recommend these for anything more than pedal boards anyway!)