Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 Problem

Faithless

So, I wanted to get Shuttle's signal to my USB Soundcard (Lexicon Lambda).

No, matter which amp's output I try, let it be Headphones jack-in output (it's still a 'line out', right..), or Balanced XLR output, when put to Soundcard, there appears a terrible hum in the line.

That hum is sort of independant - You can still hear bass signal behind it.

The interesting thing is that if I plug [i]actual [/i]headphones into Shuttle's Headphone socket, it's all cool - nice sound, no hum or anything...

I've plugged varies other pieces of kit into the same USB card, like Line6 processor, Tascam Trainer and have never met such problems..

I'm not much of a tech, but is it something to do with grounding/resistance and Shuttle?

any help would be much appreciated
Faith

Strange. If the ground lift doesn't help, then I'm lost! But as a last resort, did you also try the tuner output? The manual says that can be used for any "high-impedance recording device". I guess that may be why they say not to plug anything else into the headphone socket, although I can't see what the problem would be.

[quote name='Faithless' post='1096403' date='Jan 20 2011, 03:42 PM']Oh, and I've found an interesting quote in Genz Benz manual:

"Don't plug anything but Headphones into Headphone socket"...[/quote]

The headphone output on the Shuttle is not the usual hot/earth configuration - both sides are hot. If you aren't already using it for something else, the FX send jack (which is earthed) might just do the trick.

Thanks for your input, guys, much appreciated..

I think it's sorted right now..

In the line, where I plugged Shuttle's mains lead, there's also connected computers monitor (CRT one) and HP printer.

It's the monitor that gave that terrible fart, and printer also 'added' some..

Though, monitor's mains lead is grounded, and, even with monitor turned off, fart was still there.

Printer's lead isn't grounded..

I've even managed to lug my laptop, USB card, Shuttle head and bass into bathroom, to plug it into separate line, and DI the amphead, and signal was silent and smooth as a smooth thing..

cheers
Laimis

Edited by Faithless