Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Classic

sshorepunk

I put this up a while back and withdrew it, but it's going back up for sale again as it's not getting played that much

This is a 2009 Fender Custon Classic in seafoam green

Seafoam green nitro nitro finish, with tort pick gaurd
18 volt active electronics, Fender custom shop p/ups
Maple neck with rosewood board and blocks

It is a great bass, plays well (as those who tried it at Bass day will testify, Tayste heard the comments!!)

Here's some blurb off a website with Fenders description all the specs

Subtle refinements to Fender’s legendary Jazz Bass guitar make our Custom Classic model a true player’s instrument. This bass features a slightly slimmer waist contour, plus deeper cutaways for greater access to the upper registers of its 21-fret maple or rosewood fingerboard. An elegant take on a Fender design classic.

Features

•Model Name: Custom Classic Jazz Bass®
•Series: Custom Classic Series
•Color: seafoam green, ("Thin" Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
•Body: Premium Ash
•Neck: Quarter-Sawn Maple, Modern “C” Shape, (Polished Satin Urethane Finish)
•Fingerboard: Rosewood p/n, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
•No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
•Pickups: 2 Custom Noiseless™ Jazz Bass Pickups (Bridge / Mid)
•Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ with:
Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 14 db @ 2kHz to 18 kHz with a peak at 8kHz,
Mid Boost/Cut: +/- 12 db @ 1kHz,
Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 15 db @ 30 kHz
•Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
•Bridge: Strings-Through-Body or Top-Load Bridge with Steel Bridge Plate and Chrome Plated, Milled, Solid Brass Saddles
•Machine Heads: Fender®/Schaller® Deluxe Lightweight Tuning Machines
•Hardware: Chrome
•Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
•Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
•Width at Nut: 1.50” (38mm)
•Unique Features: Real White Shell Block Inlays on an Unbound Neck, Black Plastic Parts, Fender/Schaller Straplock Strap Buttons
•Strings: Super 8250ML, NPS,
•Gauges: .045, .065, .080, .105TW (Taperwound E)
•p/n 0738250005.
•Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Interior), Strap, Straplocks, Cable, Polishing Cloth
•Case: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case
•Introduced 1/2001

It comes with all the case candy, but no case (the correct case is easily sourced)

Price is a very firm £1300, I have some GAS, but don't really need to sell this to satisfy that

I will drive to meet buyers, with an hour of Manchester

I'll get some photo's later today, but here's an old one

No silly offers or trades outside of what is stated above

Thx

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

Photo's! Can provide more if required

[attachment=69686:seafoam1.jpg]

[attachment=69691:seafoam6.jpg]

[attachment=69687:seafoam2.jpg]

[attachment=69690:seafoam5.jpg]

[attachment=69688:seafoam3.jpg]

[attachment=69689:seafoam4.jpg]

• 1 month later...

It really is... it takes me a while to get to grips with basses and kit and I just love the more woody vintage vibe all round.

I have a really pretty and fancy blond quilted Sei 5 and I take both to gigs..but the one I use the most and the one that gets the most
attention is your old one.
All I have done is added a quality tort plate from Sims and it looks, plays and sound great.

Ummmm sea foam green with a tort guard, one of my very favourite Fender colour combinations.

Just spent an entire weekend totally GAS free (apart from a white Aggie head case to go with my DB750!), come home & find this waiting for me on BC. . .

It's funny but although these have obviously been around a while I've never really noticed them before and now there's this nice one here and a sunburst on EBay as well!

When it says 'polished satin' does that mean it's smooth satin finish or is it glossed (I'm assuming the former but thought I'd double check)?

Also - the inevitable question, do you know roughly what the weight is?

I couldnt find polished satin??

Not sure on weight, but comparative to my other basses, it's light! Slightly downsized body vs a regular jazz

Been asked if I will ship overseas. Yes, provided you pay shipping and I would have to source a cheap hard case. I can ship though a local music shop

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1162962' date='Mar 15 2011, 12:25 PM']I couldnt find polished satin??[/quote]

4th point in the specs:

•Neck: Quarter-Sawn Maple, Modern “C” Shape, ([b]Polished Satin[/b] Urethane Finish)

Satin sounds like it's a softer smooth finish whilst polished could mean it's a glossy harder one.

I'm guessing that simply by adding satin as a description that means it isn't a hard gloss?

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1163462' date='Mar 15 2011, 06:21 PM']I may put this on ebay, take off the ebay fee's, I guess that takes it to 1250!

Tony[/quote]

Might be worth watching to see if anything similar comes up there and sells - don't wanna get hit with their insertion fees for nothing :)