Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Combo

Kevin Dean

I havn,t gigged for years but about to start again in a Pub rock band doing anything from Punk/new wave to heavy funk , on a couple of songs I will be D- tunning & I don,t want to get an extension cab ,I like the look of the Mark Bass cmd151(not Jeff Berlin ), the 121H,& the 210 but cant decide ,as I said I don,t want to end up getting another extension cab & 45 lbs would be max weight. I will be using a Jon Shuker custom P Bass .I won,t be going through the PA. Any thoughts please , Thanks

Edited by Kevin Dean

Thats a really good reply Thank you.I like the fact the amp controls are on top of the 151 & the carry handles & at 40 lbs A nice easy lift , but I wasn,t sure about a rear bass port ,Strings guitar centre Ryde IOW is my dealer & hes really helpfull .Thanks again

Edited by Kevin Dean

I've never tried the 151, but I can vouch for the 102 being a superb combo & it would need to be a really loud gig to ever need an extention cab.
Don't let the 10s put you off on how much low frequencies they can shift, I was very pleasantly surprised.

Get a play on both combos & compare if you can :)